Respected Contributor

Reporting other poster question

I have read on here that if a person reports others too much that person is put in time out. I know there are people that just like to report people they do not like just hoping to get rid of them, so how many times do they have to report to be gone themselves?

How many legitimate "reports" is one allowed? Actual legitimate reports against the really bad, obnoxious, political, instigators, you know the real deal.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reporting other poster question

I don't know. The only one I reported, I had a lot of company. I don't remember who it was, but it was a nut on here posting about witchcraft and all kinds of offensive trash. Several of us reported her, I think it was holiday weekend, not even that long ago.

Trusted Contributor

My guess is they mark you as "ignore when they report inappropriate content" and ignoreignore that poster. 

Respected Contributor

I think that they, the moderators, could care less if the person who reports because of personal bias has a vendetta and not a legitimate reason. jmo

Respected Contributor

Who puts you in "time out"

There are moderators so I don't understand why someone would stalk a poster just to get "rid of them".

I would think the poster stalking another would be banned but I really don't know all the rules and who wants to know.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

WHere did you read this?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

WHere did you read this?

--------------

I saw it on the threads a few days ago.  The poster said you get a nicely worded email saying a 48 hour time out is needed and then you are welcome to join the group again, but play nice.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Who puts you in "time out"

There are moderators so I don't understand why someone would stalk a poster just to get "rid of them".

I would think the poster stalking another would be banned but I really don't know all the rules and who wants to know.

@Just Bling I read on another thread that a poster has two people that "follow" her. That is where an ignore feature would be good. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I believe it's in the board standards that overuse of the report button will get you banned or "suspended" so to speak.  But I'm not interested enough to look it up.

I know a few posters who have been given a time-out based on something they've posted.