Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know what became of Citiknits 'Miranda", While I can't

say I enjoyed watching her all the time I did get to the point where

I was waiting and waiting for one day to hear her make a big SNORT when

she laughed, it was just that kind of a laugh! The Moral to the story is

you never know who or what you will miss until you miss them!

I would like to know what happen to Miranda Blassimgame of Citiknits and Kathy Van Zeeland also.  Someone please let us know so we can be put out of our suspense!

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Miranda?

[ Edited ]

I found an interview with Renee Greenstein - I'll see if I can find the link.  Renee was actually behind Citiknits.  I don't know if she was behind Effortless Style by Citiknits.  If I recall correctly, QVC claimed the name Citiknits and so Renee came back with her own line with her own name - Women with Control and Attitudes by Renee.  As the creator, maybe Renee wanted to present the items.

Okay, here's the link.  I think the name of the program is Building New York and the host is Michael Stoler.  This interview is from 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnGobWumeR0

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I liked Miranda...  As often as QVC has recycled some of the brand spokespersons, I sort of half way expected to see her show up with another brand but I guess either she moved on or they opted not to reassign her.  As for Kathy, her line appears to have been dropped and her along with it, I guess. The line appears to be limping along and struggling to find a niche. I understand it's now being hawked on Evine but have no idea if she's a presence. I seem to remember reading that she really didn't enjoy being an on-air vendor, but who knows.  I've never been a big fan of her line, so don't miss her or it...  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kathy was, of course, Bruce Makowsky's wife.  They both supposedly sold all their handbag holding including Tiganello to a Chinese company.  Then Bruce went into the real estate business and built a spec home that sold for millions of dollars.  He's quite the businessman.

Kathy never appeared on Evine.  They seemed to have the bags just to dispose of them.  I think at that point she was no longer in the picture as far as the handbag biz went.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Kathy was, of course, Bruce Makowsky's wife.

Was?  They didn't split up, did they?

Honored Contributor

I know this thread is super old but her name was actually Myranda Blassingale and t appears that she's an independent distributor of a jewelry line called Premier Designs.  It seems to be one of those home party type businesses.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Kathy was, of course, Bruce Makowsky's wife.

Was?  They didn't split up, did they?

"Was" means when they were at QVC.  I read last night that they sold their handbag businesses for $400 million.  At one time we heard (rumor) that Kathy was pregnant but you can't find any bio info on them online.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

All I remember about Miranda was her inane voice and manner. I don't miss her at all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I know this thread is super old but her name was actually Myranda Blassingale and t appears that she's an independent distributor of a jewelry line called Premier Designs.  It seems to be one of those home party type businesses.

@Lipstickdiva I've been to a few of her Premier Designs parties, and I do remember her saying she worked on QVC before. I actually purchased 2 pieces of jewelry from her. I didn't put it together that it was the same person. I wasn't watching much of QVc then, but I vaguely remember seeing her present Citiknits a few times. Small world.