Valued Contributor

Rehoboth Beach Outlet closing!

Just went to the Rehob0oth Beach QVC outlet, and was shocked to hear that they will close in December.

The sign said that "After much consideration, we have decided to close in December."

So disappointed! They just remodeled the store last winter, and its constantly busy in there.  Not sure what their "consideration" really is....$$$$$ ?

I was told that QVC is going to sell all returns, etc. "As Is," online only.

Apparently the Frasier and Lancaster Pa stores will stay open....at least for now.

I'd protest, but I guess it would do no good. Just sad.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rehoboth Beach Outlet closing!

That's sad to hear.  We aren't but a few hours from there, but haven't been there for at least 5 years, but it was always busy and they had some really good deals.

As for the Lancaster one in Rockvale Square, we're much closer to that one with a bit of a drive.  Again, we haven't been there for quite awhile.  It once had some great deals and beautiful items, but the last time we were there, it seemed to be doing downhill and we found nothing.  I got to know some of the employees that worked there and they were all very helpful and nice.

I'm sorry to read this news.

Honored Contributor

I've never been to Rehoboth - at all, not just the outlet.

I did once have the ooportunity to go to a QVC outlet although for the life of me I can't say where.  Maybe in Hershey, PA.

For the most part, I no longer shop any outlets.  I just watch for sales in the department stores or online because I don't want to sort through the items made especially for the outlets to find the few good deals.  I'm not talking QVC necessarily, but all the companies I used to shop for at various outlets.

How was/is Rehoboth different?

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am planning to hit the beach next week since it is a very short drive for me, so I will definitely stop in.  The store is beautiful and there are always people in there.  I cannot imagine what the Q is thinking, unless the rents have gone up quite a bit.  There are so many people living in that area that I cannot imagine that they don't do a very good business.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

i am so very sorry to hear this. the qvc outlet is a frequent stop for me anytime i am at the shore. i am headed down next week so i will be sure to stop in and see what they have. you can get some GREAT deals there!

i guess i will be forced to check out the frazer or the lancaster outlet stores. i have never been to either of those. lancaster is about an hour and twenty minutes away.....frazer is about an hour and forty five minutes away......does anyone know if one of these outlets is better than the other?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Thanks @65and fabulous for the closing info!   I only 'drove up' to Rehoboth from O.C. just to peruse thru the Q Outlet.   Have not been there since the remodeling--but it was always full of merchandise--especially jewelry!

Valued Contributor

I thought the store was a little empty of merchandise, but that could just be from the crazy Labor Day shopping here.

I did get a Kitchen Aid food processor that I've been wanting for years! Cobalt blue with lots of extra things, for only $130.OO !!!! I am thrilled. They were getting ready to unpack  some Vitamix.......I'm sure a great deal if you want one.

The one good thing for me about the outlets is that I can see how awful most of the clothing is! LOL maybe its my age. I grew up when stores were stylish, unique, and beautiful, and salesadies knew everything because they worked in the same departments for years. My mom would take me to Baltimore, or Washington D.C.........well, gone are the glory days of Garfinckel's, Woodward and Lothrop, Hecht's..........now its nothing but piles and piles of the cheapest stuff...cheap fabric, cheap labor, everything so cheap.  I'm glad I kept all my lovely suits from when I taught school, because I would never be able to replace any of them. Beautiful silk blouses, wool trousers, fitted jackets!  I also kept the Joan Rivers jewelry from 25 years ago........the current stuff is nothing compared to the 18 c. gold heavily plated jewelry that Joan sold all those years ago!

There is a fabulous Dooney Outlet here at Rehoboth! It's classy and always has great specials! My entire collection has been purchased from the outlet (yes, less expensive than the Q)

Well, thanks for reading my sad tale of woe, girls! haha

QVC, how and why on earth woulod you choose to close this outlet. In the heart of a resort location frequently used all year round,in a tax free state with a supressed general location compared to big cities. This outlet for local residents provided the ability to enjoy many products offered by QVC vendors at a much reduced cost when compared to online shopping and shipping charges. If space rental was a problem, why not use common sense and look for a new space.This is part of our local shopping extravaganza as are the Tanger Outlets. Why couldn't you have rented space in one of the 3 Tanger Outlet Centers as you have in Lancaster, PA. It is obvious that those in power could give a ****** about the Delmarva peninsula and the rural area we live in where good shopping is hard to find. It sounds to me that the decisions made at the corporate level are based only for greed and not about customer service. Apparently, those people who made this decision, must have visited the beach instead of the store and put their heads in the sand. I beg and plead on behalf of thousands of frequent shoppers to re-evaluate this "stupid decision" to close this store. Relocate to a different location in Rehoboth, but please don't close this store. Your decision to close this store is a  heartless and selfish thing to do. If you say you care about your customers the way you proclaim over the airwaves, your coprorate decision makers.will reverse this self-serving decision.

Super Contributor

Going to the outlet has been part of my beach experience. Always go once or twice during our stay. This year visited it in June and August. On the first visit I spent $$$. Bought a beautiful affinity pink diamond band ring and swimsuits. On the last visit my daughter and I bought lots of shoes. I will say I think the merchandise isn't as good as it used to be. I have great leather bags from a few years back. ( As mentioned by another poster, the Dooney outlet is wonderful.) I do like seeing items in the outlet that were on air. Never have I bought clothing. What I have seen in the outlet, always looked pretty cheap to me. I really can't understand why it would close. It always is crowded and a "destination" for some. 

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

Just went to the Rehob0oth Beach QVC outlet, and was shocked to hear that they will close in December.

The sign said that "After much consideration, we have decided to close in December."

So disappointed! They just remodeled the store last winter, and its constantly busy in there.  Not sure what their "consideration" really is....$$$$$ ?

I was told that QVC is going to sell all returns, etc. "As Is," online only.

Apparently the Frasier and Lancaster Pa stores will stay open....at least for now.

I'd protest, but I guess it would do no good. Just sad.

@65and fabulous I'm sad for all the QVC customers who enjoyed shopping at this outlet store. I imagine that it has something to do with the rental cost and QVC wanting to improve its bottom line. Also, I found this part of your post that I've copied below quite interesting. I have received so many "new" and "clearance" items that have had a return sticker on them AND the items have been defective. I hope these items will indeed be sold "As Is" online only. @stevieb, fyi.

"I was told that QVC is going to sell all returns, etc. "As Is," online only."