Occasional Contributor

Received Another Customer's Order

UPS delivered a box marked with my name/address on the outside. However, upon opening it contained another customers items as well as the order slip containing her personal information.  I suspect my order with my personal information was also sent to someone else.  Customer Service was helpful and will resend my items. The other customer (in another state) will be wondering why her items are delayed as CS was not able to access her acct. There was no point in them taking down the information.  She will have to wait until I box up and take to UPS. Never had anything like this occur before.    

Trusted Contributor

Re: Received Another Customer's Order

I've heard that that has happened to other people too.  

Honored Contributor

@shepluv    This happens every once in awhile.  I've had it happen 2 or 3 times over the years.  Don't go to any trouble to return the merchandise.  Simply put the return prepaid label on the box.  Go to the USPS website and request a free pick up.  They'll come and get it whenever you wish.  Don't go to UPS.  Let QVC handle it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I had this happen at Christmas time. It was a mess to get straight. It sounds like your CS rep was very good with handling the problem. Hopefully, it will be resolved quickly.

Honored Contributor

`Re: Received Another Customer's Order

[ Edited ]

@shepluv 

Yep, this has happened to me several times, you did the right thing contacting CS, but check your account to make sure you dont get charged for the return label nor the original shipping which they do for a regular return. I included a note with my return explaining the situation and that I had contacted CS. I never did get my original item, but I still got charged for it, so I had to call them again and they did credit me.....It was mess.  

Another time, I was a little bit miffed because I got someone's expensive Dooney purse, and contacted CS told them I had returned it, USPS picked it up and it was on its way back, but they wouldnt ship my item until they received the expensive Dooney back for other person.....  I didnt think that was fair, their mistake, but I had wait awhile for my item to go out...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

That has happened to me at least three times that I can think of right now.  I think they need more checkers to check their work!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

I agree, you would think that they have some form of 'quality control' for the shipping dept.

Years ago, I ordered a small kitchen item and instead I received a FULL set of stainless steel cookware.

We shouldn't have to follow up to make sure we get credit for return shipping etc. when we receive the wrong item, but unfortunately we do.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

I agree, you would think that they have some form of 'quality control' for the shipping dept.

Years ago, I ordered a small kitchen item and instead I received a FULL set of stainless steel cookware.

We shouldn't have to follow up to make sure we get credit for return shipping etc. when we receive the wrong item, but unfortunately we do.

@KingstonsMom Yes we do.  The last time this happened, which was fairly recently, I sent something of mine back along with the item I got that was not mine.  It was not until I got my credit card statement and saw a seperate charge for $6.95 that I learned that I was charged return shipping on that specific return, which was one package.  I contacted QVC via email and it was credited the $6.95.  But I have to wonder how many customers are charged when they should not have been, and never catch it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

The folks packing the orders need to pay attention.
I received the incorrect product twice.
Respected Contributor

Has happened to me twice AND, I have received old/used merchandise! YUCK