Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel keeps using 'jonesing' to describe loving different products.

@KKJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't ever remember not hearing that, and I'm old!  

Well, I'm old too (55) and I'd not heard it but then again I'm from Kansas. We're more out of the loop on some things---LOL.

@KKJ  - I'm 56 and have not heard the term used before.  But 56 is the new 46, right?  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you...love not seeing them chew and chomp the food with weird faces. 

Regular Contributor

IMO, Rachael does not have a good command of the English language and can be offensive.  She is apparently unaware that "Little People" is conventionally and appropriately used by the population of persons with forms of dwarfism.   She chooses habitually to offend that population by implying that "Little People" applies solely to children.

Esteemed Contributor

One more thing we can't say! 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Well, I'm old too (55) and I'd not heard it but then again I'm from Kansas. We're more out of the loop on some things---LOL.

@KKJ  - I'm 56 and have not heard the term used before.  But 56 is the new 46, right?  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal  like another poster said it comes from ‘keeping up with The Jones’.

Honored Contributor

She is not one of my favorite people, she's always trying to be a "comedian" and is not!  She is not young either, she mentioned once she is 50!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  like another poster said it comes from ‘keeping up with The Jones’.

Really?  When Rachel used it in a sentence, saying  "if you're jonesing for something..."{paraphrasing) then the craving meaning would make more sense.

Respected Contributor

@Q-Girl too 

Yes.  I worked with adolescents for many years.  This is not someting that is used in polite society, if you get my drift.  It has to do with male anatomy.  Lordy, I'll probably get poofed.  Sorry MODS, I was trying to be polite about this, but the expression is inappropriate.  The host should not be using that term. 

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

This is too funny as I just came on to post the same thing as the OP!  I too had not a clue what Rachel means by   "jonesing" , and wanted to know what it means. She's said it 2-3 times already during this show.

==================================

Maybe the word is becoming popular again.

I hear kids saying all kinds of cringe-wrothy stuff , and then I realize .. I'm just OLD!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Really?  When Rachel used it in a sentence, saying  "if you're jonesing for something..."{paraphrasing) then the craving meaning would make more sense.

@KKJ  That’s where I believe it came from. Wanting what other people have. 

If you think differently that’s all well and good.