Esteemed Contributor

I have been a QVC shopper for about 10 years.  When I make a return, I have always shipped it back the least expensive way possible, and never had a problem.  I will prepare my package without putting the label on, take it to the post office, have them weigh it, and either go with the preprinted QVC label, or my own made up label and pay for the shipping there.  I go with the least expensive option.

A few days ago I packaged up two tops in the same QVC bag.  I wrapped it up pretty tight without much air in the bag.  When I took it to the post office, the clerk was able to fit it into a Priority Mail 2 day flat rate envelope (light weight cardboard) for $5.75.  She used the label I had already written out.  That came with tracking and $50 insurance.  If I had mailed it as is, in the QVC bag, it would have been over $9.00.  (I would have used the QVC $6.95 label if the clerk had not given me that suggestion).

Not all USPS clerks are there to save you money, so please check out this option.  I am sure QVC has special deals with the post office.  They may deduct $6.95 from our refund for return shipping, but I highly doubt the post office charges QVC $6.95.  If at all possible, I refuse to let QVC make money off me on return postage.

So please keep this option in mind -- the Priority Mail 2 day flat rate envelope.  It may make the reality of returns a bit less painfull.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Puppy Lips-Thank you so much for describing this so well! I didn't know this.

Here is something I recently discovered- after many times of using their self serve station (not all post ofcs have this) that this way is more expensive than taking it to the counter! You would think it would be the other way around. So unless the line is miles long, I take it to the counter.

And they don't usually tell you this either.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I don't get any suggestions on how to ship cheaper when I go to the post office.  I have used those boxes before, but not for returns.  I don't return a lot, but usually go with the prepaid label.

Esteemed Contributor

I have returned  2 things in one box and only got credit for one.  I assume that if 2 things weren't sent together, then they should be returned separately.  I never did that again. 

Am I missing something about the proper way to do this?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I just thought of this:  I used their return label.  Do you suppose they just scan the label on the outside and not open the package right then?

HMMMMMMMMMMM???????

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I have returned  2 things in one box and only got credit for one.  I assume that if 2 things weren't sent together, then they should be returned separately.  I never did that again. 

Am I missing something about the proper way to do this?

I have returned more than one item in the same package numerous times and never had a problem.  I even returned 3 things in one bag all together.  I do always put them in their individual see thru bags they came in, and tape the return part for that item to each individual bag.  I can not imagine that they would not open the packages.  I am sure some people do not always use the exact return label that came with that item.  If I did not get credit for one of the items, I would have called right away, because someone overlooked it in the package.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Re: RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS

[ Edited ]

I have returned several items in one package a number of times over the years.  In fact, when I had a defective item, the Customer Service rep told me to use the label for that item, and the other pieces could "ride along for free".  I only do this if the items go to the same address... I never mix items that should go to different addresses.  

I also write on the outside of the package how many items are enclosed.  I've never had a problem with my refunds.

I have a small scale, and I weigh my package, then estimate the postage using the USPS website.  It's very easy to do, and it gives you the options you have available.  When something comes out to be less than the QVC return label, I print my own postage/label (you can use a credit card or Paypal), and most of the time it's cheaper if you print postage online rather than have the postal person do it for you.  Then I just take the package to the post office and have them scan the label (QVC's or my own) and give me a receipt for proof that I mailed it.  

ETA:  As an example, a small package (they give you the dimensions for sizes) might go Priority Mail - it would be $5.95 if the post office does it, it's only $5.05 if I print my own and pay for it online, and of course, it carries $50.00 insurance.  If necessary, you can add insurance before you print your own label if you need more.

Respected Contributor

Re: RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

I have returned several items in one package a number of times over the years.  In fact, when I had a defective item, the Customer Service rep told me to use the label for that item, and the other pieces could "ride along for free".  I only do this if the items go to the same address... I never mix items that should go to different addresses.  

I also write on the outside of the package how many items are enclosed.  I've never had a problem with my refunds.

I have a small scale, and I weigh my package, then estimate the postage using the USPS website.  It's very easy to do, and it gives you the options you have available.  When something comes out to be less than the QVC return label, I print my own postage/label (you can use a credit card or Paypal), and most of the time it's cheaper if you print postage online rather than have the postal person do it for you.  Then I just take the package to the post office and have them scan the label (QVC's or my own) and give me a receipt for proof that I mailed it.  

ETA:  As an example, a small package (they give you the dimensions for sizes) might go Priority Mail - it would be $5.95 if the post office does it, it's only $5.05 if I print my own and pay for it online, and of course, it carries $50.00 insurance.  If necessary, you can add insurance before you print your own label if you need more.

Thanks for being so clear and for providing this info.

Which service do you use to buy the postage online? There are several and it seems the one you use is great.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

Thanks for being so clear and for providing this info.

Which service do you use to buy the postage online? There are several and it seems the one you use is great.

It's USPS.com (the U.S. Postal Service website). You can go to the Postal Price Calculator there, and it will lead you through everything.  You do need to know the zip code where it's going, the weight of the package and the size and shape.  It will give you all your options.  You can set up an account so it will have your return address, etc.  I was glad to see that they've added PayPal as a payment option.  

Honored Contributor
Tends2dogs said:
"Re: RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS [ New ]
Options
4 hours ago

I have returned 2 things in one box and only got credit for one. I assume that if 2 things weren't sent together, then they should be returned separately. I never did that again.

Am I missing something about the proper way to do this?"

I can only say that I've send back multiple items in the same package many times and they've always been credited correctly.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment