Super Contributor

Qvc went dark on my t.v

[ Edited ]

Was watching QVC last nite and my screen went black.  Every other channel works.  I can watch on HD only.  Any one else lost their network

Honored Contributor

Since you can still receive QVC in HD, I would assume your provider, made the decision to carry it in that mode only.

I used to get the main Q station in both SD and HD for a long while, now it only comes through in HD.

Honored Contributor

We had same issue here in MD on Comcast, I was watching on regular channel on older TV with no HD and it went dark for about an hour, but I could see it on HD channel. My DH even went as far as to reset our cable box. We just assumed it was a Comcast issue, guess not, must have been a Q issue. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Since you can still receive QVC in HD, I would assume your provider, made the decision to carry it in that mode only.

I used to get the main Q station in both SD and HD for a long while, now it only comes through in HD.

Our regular channel  Q service was restored in about an hour. 

Honored Contributor

@monks.  Your title is very misleading and is not accurate.  QVC  on my TV  is right where it should be.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc no longer

[ Edited ]

@monks  - I agree with @Kachina624 that the title of this thread is misleading.  

What's wrong with watching QVC in HD (high definition)?  QVC is not gone.  It's still there.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle    I think it's Xfinity's way of trying to force those of us with older TV's that don't include HD to get rid of them.   That's on my To Do list, but not this week.    I'm in an HOA community that has a contract with Xfinity, so switching is possible but I'd still be paying for them which negates the appeal of doing that.

Time for me to count on my computer and phone for QVC!  Good thing for the Q I had no plans to shop much for general merchandise.

Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc no longer

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@Shelbelle    I think it's Xfinity's way of trying to force those of us with older TV's that don't include HD to get rid of them.   That's on my To Do list, but not this week.    I'm in an HOA community that has a contract with Xfinity, so switching is possible but I'd still be paying for them which negates the appeal of doing that.

Time for me to count on my computer and phone for QVC!  Good thing for the Q I had no plans to shop much for general merchandise.

My Q was restored in about an hour, so no complaints from me, it was the only channel that went dark. I love my old TV's so easy to use, put a Comcast box on them and they are good to go. I dont do well with high tech equipment and dont need or want it. We still dont know if it was a Comcast issue or a Q issue. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    I bet on her channel QVC is not available -   I've had no QVC access since midnight.

Xfinity tells me nothing except that they are doing maintenance on my street beginning Monday afternoon and extending into Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal Nothing wrong with that, except that the only TV set currently operational in my house dates to before HD was included!