Contributor

Question about presentations

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about presentations

@cds.  Change your  mind?  There's no question.  You can add your question by clicking the 3 dots at upper right, then edit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

During presentations I hear hosts saying "We're down to 300 in the black" and other specific numbers. Yet later in the day I find that often the item is still available.  Are those numbers given sales hype, or do they refer to items allotted for that specific presentation?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

👩‍🏫 And - The Question Is ...

Honored Contributor

@cds.  As customers, none of us has definitive information on the ins and outs of qvc, but I don't think any time slot would limit the number of items that could be sold.  They always want to sell as much as possible.  To say, "300 in black" would be the total inventory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cds 

It's not hype.  And it means what they say--they have 300 left in the black.

But just because the black is selling like hotcakes during one presentation doesn't mean it will continue to sell that fast the rest of the day.

Also, some people may cancel their orders and other may change colors during the day.  You also don't know how many are left later, they may only have a handful.  

It's not an exact science.

Esteemed Contributor

@cds  The hosts are giving current inventory. If people put the item in the cart, it is taken off the available inventory. If they don't purchase or delete from the cart, it is put back into the inventory. That's my understanding. I sometimes put something in my cart and then decide against it. It happens.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely believe that they portion out and save inventory for certain hosts and shows.

They need to set some aside for the big stars and their shows.

I agree with the OP.  

Honored Contributor

My assumption is they have a sales number that they want to reach in each show for each item.  IMO, that's why presentations go on ad nauseum--until that sales number is reached.  Not necessarily the entire inventory of the item. 

Of course, what previous posters have mentioned about someone changing their mind about purchasing after putting the item in their cart is also possible.

Who knows for sure???  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I absolutely believe that they portion out and save inventory for certain hosts and shows.

They need to set some aside for the big stars and their shows.

I agree with the OP.  

I've seen several shows with certain "big star" hosts that don't have some colors or even the entire product by the time their show comes up later in the day.