Occasional Contributor

Quality not the same anymore

I have been buying clothes for some time from QVC. I’ve noticed in the last couple of years the quality has really gone down. The majority of my purchases get returned. Susan Graver at one time had a line of peach skin button front blouses that were fabulous, still look new. Now everything is liquid knit, that clings and shows every bump. Denim and co had beach dresses that were wonderful, now fabric is awful. I don’t know where to shop anymore.
Honored Contributor

Re: Quality not the same anymore

Almost every store has an online presence so you have many choices.  

Honored Contributor

Welcome @Mande4.

Look up the many other retailers online.  You'll find good sales, too.  

Honored Contributor

Plenty of other places to shop.  I love Macy's especially their Karen Scott and Charter Club brands.  Also HSN, e.g. Nina Leonard.  At least those 2 vendors have true sales unlike QVC. And of course, there's always Amazon!!!

Valued Contributor

@Mande4 I agree. It isn't that I don't find things online elsewhere, but I have been a happy customer with QVC for a long time, being able to have confidence that my D&Co this year would be like my D&Co last year. Now it's just luck of the draw if I get something I like or can wear. Not to mention that so much of it is a combination of poly/span/modal/nylon now.

Occasional Contributor

Kim, that’s it exactly. I use to be able to buy from certain brands and knew it would fit, the fabric would look nice and hold up. Now, it’s a guessing game and unfortunately I’m sending 99 percent back.
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree....

I wasn't happy with my last 2 clothing purchases from Designers that I have been buying from..

I decided to take a break from buying for now....

Honored Contributor

@Mande4   if you're returning 99%, it's definitely time for you to seriously consider shopping elsewhere, or QVC will make that decision for you.  They will soon send you that dreaded letter that your return % is detriment to their business model (or however they word it), and will suspend your shopping. 

Why keep buying if you return so much?  Returns are costly; no one wins with that repeat pattern.

I shop at 8 or 9 different sites routinely.  Hopefully you'll find better shopping success at the many other online retail sites.   

Trusted Contributor

I have shopped here at qvc for many years.As the years go,product not the same anymore.The same vendors just keep coming,guess the only ones that sell.Same things all the time on every fashion day.I notice they are advertising on tv channel regularly,that tells you they need sales.Heard on CNN they were not doing well.I buy very little anymore,it's just not the same anymore.Then if you buy,try to make a change maybe size or color,you can't 

Occasional Contributor

Careful shopper, the returns are costly, I agree. I’ve ordered from qvc for many years and for the most part, never had an issue. Just recently made several clothing purchases from same designers I’ve bought from and the clothing I received was in no way near what it was before. I’m not going to keep it, I’ll return it, look elsewhere.