Respected Contributor
I am watching Julia on Q2 and she is doing a good job. I did notice that the show’s producer is acting as a participant with her. He is on camera and sharing input on the merchandise (D&C). My question is, is this common for Q2? Since there us no OAP or other host, is the producer actively participating in the shows? Just curious because I never saw the producers on any of the shows on the main channel. He is not detracting from the show in any way.
Honored Contributor

I've e seen producers make brief appearances but never participate in shows. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

The producer on Wed. Kim Gravel show with Mary makes regular appearances.  He chimes in and they split the screen to show him. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, "Chunky" is now a regular feature on that show.  He even has his own graphic.

Respected Contributor

Seems to me this is another attempt to engage the viewer.  They are trying everything to save themselves.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Respected Contributor
Okay. Thank you. I had never seen this before and was just wondering.
Trusted Contributor

Mary DeAngelis was a producer on David's show back in the day.

When David had to run off to another set/take a quick break they would turn the camera on Mary and she would be there with the producer headset on and jibber jabber for a minute or two.

Mary often tells the story that she started out in the call center/customer service, went on to be a producer, did the social media host thing, then became an actual show host.

Maybe one day we can have Chunky be a host 😉

Chunky:

Screenshot_20230319-191818~2.png

Julia's producer Sean:

Screenshot_20230319-192703~2.png

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

When David had to run off to another set/take a quick break they would turn the camera on Mary and she would be there with the producer headset on and jibber jabber for a minute or two.

Mary often tells the story that she started out in the call center/customer service, went on to be a producer, did the social media host thing, then became an actual show host.

Chunky:

Julia's producer Sean:

@MezzieStarr @Is the man with the nose ring, gray beard and hair the same guy as the man with dark brown hair shooting a peace sign? Are they both photos of Chunky? It looks like they are two different men to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Chunky:

Julia's producer Sean:

@MezzieStarr @Is the man with the nose ring, gray beard and hair the same guy as the man with dark brown hair shooting a peace sign? Are they both photos of Chunky? It looks like they are two different men to me. 

@Mindy D- No, they are not the same person. MezzieStarr labeled each picture. The top is Chunky and the bottom is Sean.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal @Thanks for clearing this up.