Valued Contributor

How do you tell when the shows on Q2 are live? I'm not interested in reruns as I always record anything I want to watch on Q and really watch nothing live. Comcast online guide used to desiginate it something was live or not and now I don't see it.

I think they are adding a few shows live that will be shown regularly. Watching Dare to Share with Shawn and Elise, there was an announcement, not fully explained, that Elise was moving to a show on Q2 but I didn't catch the name.

Looking at the Q online Guide I can't see where it indicates if a show is live or a rerun.

Thanks so much if you can answer my question.

Valued Contributor

@QPrincess 

Others here may know different, but I only can tell by looking at the televised screen. It either says 'Previously Recorded' or 'Live'. 

Valued Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@QPrincess 

Others here may know different, but I only can tell by looking at the televised screen. It either says 'Previously Recorded' or 'Live'. 

Thanks for your time to reply. I was aware of that thus I am trying to find out ahead of time what shows are live so I can set to record. Honestly, I don't think I watch anything on the Q live any more. I record everything.

Frequent Contributor

I called customer service about this very issue. Guess what? The y did not have an answer. The woman who tried to help me said she would do some research and call me back. I hope she will.

Valued Contributor

@Tatanoo46 wrote:

I called customer service about this very issue. Guess what? The y did not have an answer. The woman who tried to help me said she would do some research and call me back. I hope she will.

Thanks for posting. Please come back and let us know if you learn anything. In the mean time- guess I won't be recording on Q2 until I can learn if a show is new or a repeat.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC2 - Live- when????

[ Edited ]

I am the same as you -- I rarely watch QVC live and record pretty much everything.  I love watching the gardening shows this time of year and I was very disappointed to find out that I missed a bunch of them last week on QVC2.

From what I can gather, their shows are live from 1pm-4pm weekdays.  I don't know about weekends.  I did a little bit of research and scrolling through the channel guide on my DVR and I think I am right on that.  I believe there will be some gardening shows tomorrow (Monday) during those times.  I'm recording them, so I'll soon find out!

Valued Contributor

I *think* that if you look at the online programme guide, if a host name is listed on the line below the show name then that’s a live show. No host name, it’s pre-recorded.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd also like to know the answer to this question—I keep finding out after the fact about shows that aired live (on Saturdays in particular) that I would've liked to watch.

@Pagan - Right now, all the shows on Q2 are non-hosted shows; they are run by the vendors with a skeleton crew and some assistance from QVC staff remotely, so the guide won't ever show a host photo to help us know when a show is live. When I've learned about shows that were live, all the notifications have been via Facebook from the few product lines I follow there, such as Temp-tations. (In most cases, the alerts were posted right as the shows were beginning or right after they've ended, so I haven't noticed them in time to tune in live.)

Esteemed Contributor

Aaaand of course, since I posted yesterday about the shows on Q2 not having hosts, today the program guide shows a few hours of live programming with a host attached. So who really knows what is going on with Q2?  Smiley Very Happy