Honored Contributor

Re: QVC working to combine orders in the Fall...

[ Edited ]

oh great——- so the 4 separate things you buy will take just as long to get and prob cost a lot more but be in a bigger box—-not seeing the savings or convienece. What a joke

Honored Contributor

I work for a company that recently merged with another company and I will tell you that smashing the companies together does not work.  We tried this the first month with some IT stuff and it was not pretty.

So now we are in the process of going very slowly in merging stuff.

Better to do it slow and right than to do it fast and get it wrong.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

They are associated with Zulily and that is the way they do it.  Shopping cart idea.  First BUY IS UNDER 6 BUCKS.  Then everything after that is free for that day or that weekend. Cannot beat that!

Super Contributor

they combine shipping on a lot of my items and I still pay 3.50 - 5.50 an item

Honored Contributor

They already do combine orders somewhat - at least I've had orders where they've done this. I was still charged the $3.50 for each item. (or whatever it might have been as we know not everything is $3.50).

I'm also still charged $6.95 for each item I return on their label no matter how many I return in one package.

Contributor

AMAZON still has QVC beat by a mile. Yes you can get almost everything QVC sells on AMAZON with 2 day free shipping.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I was watching Kim Gravel with Mary Beth yesterday and that is what Mary Beth said!

The girl that sits with her laptop and answers comments on Facebook came over to Mary Beth and told  her "So and so  wanted to know if you can put all her purchses today in only one box so her husband can't see all that she bought today.....LOL

Mary Beth laughed and said they  are working on a new wharehouse and QVC will be able to do that hopefully in the Fall...

If they also combine shipping....that would  really be something!!

@Nataliesgramma 

QVC now ships jewelry purchases from state state now for about 10 days now.  If they'd ship directly, it wouldn't take so long.  But, that's just me.  What do I know???

Respected Contributor

I just re-read these postings and remember seeing something on HSN either last week or this week.  Whatever you ordered on this one day, you only paid maybe (?) $5 to ship everything.  If it wasn't $5, is was a very nominal amount.  I don't think QVC has never done anything like this, but should try it.  They may be surprised at the orders they would process.  Also, I wish they would offer free or very reduced shipping charges on clearance items.  They're trying to clear out the inventory on those items, aren't they?