Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC wins slowest shipping award....

My orders are getting here very quickly.  In fact, I think they are getting here faster than ever before.  I guess that I am one of the lucky ones.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I can understand the op's opinion on the slow shipping.  I know my orders have decreased immensely over the last couple of years.   I have bought more on HSN than here. (they offer free shipping more often)    I don't have their credit cards nor do I plan on it.  I do have  some easy pays left but am planning to have everything paid off by Christmas.    I would not cancel my account as I may purchase in the future but the shipping many times, has been a deal breaker for me.    And when the vendor's ship direct, what's wrong with them offering free shipping??   They wouldn't sell the volume if they were not on the Q.   JMO.

Valued Contributor

The right person for the job.  They usually do their best work in the first month of employment

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am finding the clothing items to be the worst.  You are all right.  All companies get things out quicker.  This has been going on for years.  I won't order anything here that I need in a reasonable amount of time.  

The excuses are ridiculous.  Remember before Covid it was warehouse problems?  The excuses have gotten old.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally like Land's End because of the cotton content in their clothing. But they have gotten extremely slow and send emails about how being short staffed is their problem. I ordered some shirts to take on a vacation a month in advance from LE and they arrived while I was on the vacation. This is how life is. Companies are short staffed as are the lack of truck drivers and warehouse workers and the mail is slow where I live also. Welcome to real life is how I think about it. This is our new normal. Even Amazon has slowed down where I live, in a big city. They promise it will come tomorrow but it turns out they deliver it in two days and sometimes at 9 pm at night it arrives. 

EDIT: I also wonder if companies are selling the items that are still waiting at the California ports that are so backed up. Google this, something like 50 container ships waiting to get unloaded. I know someone who worked for a big retailer and they could not get the items out of the consolidator in California last year. Still selling them online but they didn't have it in their own warehouses because California was shut down at that time. 

Trusted Contributor

No Wayfair is the slowest,  Order placed last march "In Stock" arrived in September, they never let me cancel, i refused it and closed my account.  Worst Customer Ever.  I had ordered several things that took months.  NOPE done with them.

Regular Contributor

Yes!  QVC deserves the Oscar for the slowest shipping and returns.

Respected Contributor

My last two orders came fast. No complaints here.

Respected Contributor

QVC has never been a shipping magician. Slow all the time. They need to come into this century.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

To compare Amazon and Walmart's shipping to QVC is way different!  Walmart and Amazon sell like products and are heavily competing companies so they each have amped up their shipping with their pay for membership.   Both have their own trucks that deliver products to other shipping companies and even their own delivery methods. QVC has 4 or 5 warehouses across the country but probably none are fully stocked with everything and a good percentage of products seem to come directly from vendors who handle the shipping.  I remember the long waits for orders everywhere before the internet with no tracking systems.  When an order comes is no big deal for me or I would shop elsewhere rather than complain over and over!! 

I am not a member and use Amazon and love their speedy delivery. Macy's is outstanding. I ordered something last Tuesday and it arrived Thursday afternoon. QVC needs to join the big leagues and revamp their warehouse/shipping department.