Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC prices?  Have you checked out the prices every where on everything?  Been to the grocery store lately? QVC's prices are no different than others. 

Except for Amazon.  

Respected Contributor

It is very hard to compare prices unless you are shopping for the exact same thing in different places. It is hard to compare if an item is only sold at QVC and not anywhere else. There are a few brands I shop for that are not offered at QVC. Their prices have gone up also. My attitude is only buy what you can afford, go elsewhere if the price is too high for your budget. 

Respected Contributor

For me I find good bargains in lots of places.  Sometimes it is the Q and sometimes not.  

Don't have to buy anything you don't want to.  Sometimes it costs more for convenience.  I'm able get out and about safely and easily. I shop all over.

I had to change my name on this.  What's up with that?

Honored Contributor

I always price shop. Almost everything Q sells can be found for less elsewhere. Other retailers have real sale prices, promo codes, free shipping, many with free returns, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO I feel the prices are  out of control on the Q.  Yes I am aware of everything that's happening but I do browse and shop online a lot and I agree with others that say items of same or better quality are often less money and free shipping is offered a lot.  As a matter of fact HSN is having their semi annual clearance today with free shipping once you hit $75.00 and the prices are really good!   Just sayin.

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

QVC fashion is not, nor has it ever been, comparable to Saks.  Or Nordstrom or Bloomies, etc.   It's mass market fashion like Macy's, Kohl's or Penney's.

@decaf I agree they market as if they are comparable to Saks, and other retailers that are high end. No they are not. I think Kohl's and Macy's are right on target with what they sell. The designer lines are just basic more of the same.  

QVC is an outdated model. They did cater to the people that were housebound  at inception. Now with Amazon and a zillion other online retailers they lost some of the leverage.. The only advantage they have right now is air time. So they dominate the small percentage that can't go online. 

Super Contributor

@manny2 wrote:
@decaf I agree they market as if they are comparable to Saks, and other retailers that are high end. No they are not. I think Kohl's and Macy's are right on target with what they sell. The designer lines are just basic more of the same.  

In my opinion, QVC is better quality than Kohl's.  I'm referring to things such as clothing and bed linens (Northern Nights).  Kohl's is less expensive but you get what you pay for.

I haven't been to Macy's in years!  Time sure has flown by with Covid restrictions, my life is so different now.  

Frequent Contributor

I beg to differ with you.  QVC's delivery and return prices are ridiculous, not to mention the quality of some of their designers have sunk to new lows.

Esteemed Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

In my opinion, QVC is better quality than Kohl's.  I'm referring to things such as clothing and bed linens (Northern Nights).  Kohl's is less expensive but you get what you pay for.

I haven't been to Macy's in years!  Time sure has flown by with Covid restrictions, my life is so different now.  

@RooRoo QVC and their marketing have done the job. As long as customers believe that they stay in business. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC prices!

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl ...........There are ridiculous prices on Amazon too, especially by the 3rd party sellers along with extremely high shipping charges.

There are also very good prices on items, but buyer beware, especially clothing.  When Im in the market for clothing it takes me quite a while to hunt and peck for good quality items.  As an example I was hunting (on Amazon) for a thin turtleneck to wear under sweaters, etc.  After days of searching I finally found a good quality one for $13.99 with free shipping and American made, so the deals are out there but a lot of perserversence is need, IMO.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)