Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC needs to find the next LR.

Exactly a salesperson is someone u would find working at sears or JC Penney. She was a culural icon she traveled all over the world on QVC, she was adored by all vendors, did red carpet events and created the popular GILI line which is still at QVC today.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP maybe you should try out for their next hosting job.

I agree LR was one of the Q's best hosts ever. I didn't watch until around 2000, so I don't know the ones before. Lisa Mason would also make that list.

Edit: I want to add that Heather Hall of Evine  has many of LR qualities. The Q should snag her.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Lisa was the best.  She was comfortable on air, sold without feeling like you were getting a sales pitch, you could relate to her sense of humor, and she had great style.  I would suggest that they should make new hosts watch old videos of Lisa, but I don’t think you can learn natural talent like that.  I’m glad to see she is doing well and selling out her new line of products.  She’ll never be replaced.

@TenderMercies  Are you serious? Every network has its "star" who is as good or better than Lisa. The best I can say about her is that she was comfortable, not exceptional.

I don't understand why @JONNYSBRO continues his/her foolish public adoration of a retired, and mostly forgotten TV saleswoman.  It's obvious his/her infatuation is shared by few so why is it not kept private?  It has passed the point of being riduculous.  I, for one, am sick of hearing about it.

@Kachina624 I think it’s kind of reductive to call her a tv saleswoman.  She’s a cultural icon.  She’s appeared on several reality shows like Project Runway, where she was a judge because of her fashion expertise, and she was also a judge on Rupaul’s Drag Race, which is a gig that is only given to pop culture stars.  She’s been on several talk shows to promote awareness of the issue of stalking, and she launched her own store on her website.  She has thousands of followers on social tmedia who are very attentive and loyal.  She’s not just a saleswoman, and she’s far from forgotten.

I was just browsing by when I nearly lost my merlot while reading the term cultural icon to describe Lisa Robertson!  Really?!!

Lisa was a very talented salesperson with a public persona that reached many people in her online sales field, but let’s not drastically dilute the definition of icon.  That’s more than an exaggeration, it’s an insult to actual cultural icons.  I would venture to bet that no one in a 20mile radius from my home even knows who Lisa Robertson is.  

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Lisa was the best.  She was comfortable on air, sold without feeling like you were getting a sales pitch, you could relate to her sense of humor, and she had great style.  I would suggest that they should make new hosts watch old videos of Lisa, but I don’t think you can learn natural talent like that.  I’m glad to see she is doing well and selling out her new line of products.  She’ll never be replaced.

@TenderMercies  Are you serious? Every network has its "star" who is as good or better than Lisa. The best I can say about her is that she was comfortable, not exceptional.

I don't understand why @JONNYSBRO continues his/her foolish public adoration of a retired, and mostly forgotten TV saleswoman.  It's obvious his/her infatuation is shared by few so why is it not kept private?  It has passed the point of being riduculous.  I, for one, am sick of hearing about it.

@Kachina624 I think it’s kind of reductive to call her a tv saleswoman.  She’s a cultural icon.  She’s appeared on several reality shows like Project Runway, where she was a judge because of her fashion expertise, and she was also a judge on Rupaul’s Drag Race, which is a gig that is only given to pop culture stars.  She’s been on several talk shows to promote awareness of the issue of stalking, and she launched her own store on her website.  She has thousands of followers on social tmedia who are very attentive and loyal.  She’s not just a saleswoman, and she’s far from forgotten.

I was just browsing by when I nearly lost my merlot while reading the term cultural icon to describe Lisa Robertson!  Really?!!

Lisa was a very talented salesperson with a public persona that reached many people in her online sales field, but let’s not drastically dilute the definition of icon.  That’s more than an exaggeration, it’s an insult to actual cultural icons.  I would venture to bet that no one in a 20mile radius from my home even knows who Lisa Robertson is.  

@Caaareful Shopper HERE is a list of 300 cultural icons.  I’m sure neither you nor anyone within a 20 mile radius of you has ever heard of all of them.

Esteemed Contributor

In celebrating Halloween, some need to stir the pot.

Valued Contributor

@NorthernLights Thanks for the laugh...

Super Contributor

If anyone needs a second job or has nothing to do.... I heard she’s hiring.🙄
Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

In celebrating Halloween, some need to stir the pot.

Halloween is more than 2 weeks away, so it’s too soon to be stirring pots.  However, International Skeptics Day was yesterday.  You’re a little late.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper HERE is a list of 300 cultural icons.  I’m sure neither you nor anyone within a 20 mile radius of you has ever heard of all of them.

@TenderMercies I do know what a cultural icon is, and being recognizable on a list is not the point.  It’s what those people did with their lives and the impact it has on others.  Lisa on Rupaul’s Drag Race (by the way, she is close personal friends with Rupaul, by her own admission) is not exactly Charlie Rose talking about issues that impact society; talking about stalking on a talk show (where she never once mentioned how others could get help, not even an 800# to call) once or twice; having thousands of followers who only know her from her days at QVC (so we’re back at square one with that one); and her own website — well, I have one too, selling things I actually make and really design from scratch myself, so.....

I don’t begrudge Lisa any of her fantastic success in TV sales.  But I most definitely disagree with the cultural icon thing.

Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@TenderMercies I do know what a cultural icon is, and being recognizable on a list is not the point.  It’s what those people did with their lives and the impact it has on others.  Lisa on Rupaul’s Drag Race (by the way, she is close personal friends with Rupaul, by her own admission) is not exactly Charlie Rose talking about issues that impact society; talking about stalking on a talk show (where she never once mentioned how others could get help, not even an 800# to call) once or twice; having thousands of followers who only know her from her days at QVC (so we’re back at square one with that one); and her own website — well, I have one too, selling things I actually make and really design from scratch myself, so.....

I don’t begrudge Lisa any of her fantastic success in TV sales.  But I most definitely disagree with the cultural icon thing.

The only point I was making was that you needn’t know who someone is for them to be a cultural icon.  I believe the label is most likely subjective as opposed to there being a ceremony where a crown and sash with the phrase, CULTUTAL ICON emblazoned.  If I call her a cultural icon and others agree, she receives the title in my eyes.