Super Contributor

Re: QVC needs to bring back Patti Reilly. She was a fantastic host.

I think Patti did a good job. Loved her on Friday Night Beauty. She was always attractive, but blossomed into a swan when she embraced the fitness lifestyle. She gained so much confidence and looked beautiful in her clothes. Would be nice to see her regularly on a network. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Not in my opinion. I agree that Lisa leaving has left a void and Q is going to feel the pain of that once the holiday season is over, but Patti Reilly is NOT the answer.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/29/2014 moondust said:
On 12/29/2014 banjo said:

I liked Patti and thought she did well. People on this board crucified her and I thought that was shameful.

O.k. I'll "bite". {#emotions_dlg.blink}

I was neither a Patti "fan" or most certainly, not one of the many, many, who literally...crucified... her here on theses boards. I always thought that she did very well presenting products, being informed and prepared, her weight loss was inspiring, and I thought she "blossomed" into a more Confident...host, but I also think that that weight loss and transformation, and new "attitude" is what "irked" many, and they were quite "vocal" about it. Many of the "comments", were....shameful and actually (at least for me), painful to read. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

In general, I enjoy most of the hosts and of course there are those that I 'prefer", but for the ones I am not so keen on, I try to keep it to myself. I am sure that they Do read this stuff and I personally cannot even imagine, if it were "me" how I would feel. Just posting here can be a mine-field. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I am sure that the Q would not hire someone though, just for PM Style. They are rotating them, to see who probably "sells the most." Jayne is okay, but I just don't see her as a "fashionista", Courtney still seems a little too "young/new" to be on her own for the show, I like Shawn, but not sure if that is a "good fit", Sandra, like her too, but not for this show, and I think Amy would would do...well, but.....hey!!! I am just clueless!!{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Hoping everyone had a Blessed Holiday and sending wishes of Good Health, Peace of Heart, Prosperity, and much Love throughout the upcoming year. Smiley Happy

moondust

Well based on what I've seen with the "guest" hosts on PM style, Q is going to have to work hard to get my attention. Sandra seems like a very nice person but I don't think she's the right fit. Watching Jayne B last night didn't interest me at all and I realized that I wasn't listening and went and changed the channel. To me, Shawn already has her niche with IM in his timeslot. Amy is "cute" but again, she wouldn't draw me to watch the show.

Esteemed Contributor

This suggestion is as humorous as the one hoping that Linda Dano would host PMS. I thought we were entering 2015, not 1995.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Johnnyeager said:

This suggestion is as humorous as the one hoping that Linda Dano would host PMS. I thought we were entering 2015, not 1995.

Seriously... Although the Dano suggestion was funny, this one is just plain frightening!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Have to agree with Gina... the host contingent brought to bear thus far on PM Style leaves MUCH to be desired. Were either of these ladies anointed the permanent host, I have to say that PM Style would fully cease to be pretty much the last remaining Q show I would feel compelled to watch regularly... On the other hand, finding any of the existing hosts that are going to compel me to watch isn't going to be easy... I can only think of two possibilities and continue to think the best solution is a rotation. At least then those of us who are drawn in by certain hosts would watch when a host they actually like is hosting... as opposed to not watching at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Maybe she doesn't want to come back?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

I bet Chatti Patti is happy as a clam starring in cheesy marketing videos on late-night TV channels nobody ever heard of.

Trusted Contributor

Patti has a successful business in Los Angeles as she is a coach for new hosts, vendors primary selling beauty products. Her goal is to show u how to present your products and triple to quadruple your sales. She has a ton on connects in the beauty world. She is missed at the Q. Honestly as people mentioned nobody can really host PM style without the diva persona. LA Diva Reilly as I call her has what it takes and she is missed. Heck surprised HSN hasn't tried picking her up even as a vendor for beauty products. Another thing I read Patti is 37 close to 38. She looks great for coming close to 40. Looks great for being in her late 30s
Respected Contributor

First, a big no for Patti. She did some things while hosting, there at the end of her tenure, that I found to be very unprofessional and she probably burnt her bridges with QVC at that point.

Second, why would anyone think that being on QVC was such a good gig? I'm sure the money is okay, but the pressure is incredible and you have to work crazy hours and never have enough time for other things. Money isn't everything and most people are underpaid for what they do, in terms of the stress and expectations.

Personally, I think that Patti was burned out and sick of the whole thing. I'm sure she is much happier being her own boss and not answering to anyone but herself. I'm sure that played a part in Lisa leaving as well. I don't blame either one of them for getting out of there and wanting to have a life.

QVC does not need to hire any new hosts (unless they were going to fire a lot of their existing hosts). They certainly don't need to bring back any former hosts. I do miss Lisa Mason, but she has her hands full and she doesn't need the aggravation either.

JMHO

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 JONNYSBRO said: Patti has a successful business in Los Angeles as she is a coach for new hosts, vendors primary selling beauty products. Her goal is to show u how to present your products and triple to quadruple your sales. She has a ton on connects in the beauty world. She is missed at the Q. Honestly as people mentioned nobody can really host PM style without the diva persona. LA Diva Reilly as I call her has what it takes and she is missed. Heck surprised HSN hasn't tried picking her up even as a vendor for beauty products. Another thing I read Patti is 37 close to 38. She looks great for coming close to 40. Looks great for being in her late 30s

Patti is in her 40's.