Contributor

Here is your 1 person: I like multiple hosts. I think it makes watching more intersting. If you just want produc then just look at the show's products online. 

Sheesh You people talk like you know one thing about producing a show like this on QVC. I'm betting you don't. These are human beings with bills to pay and mortgages to pay and they got laid off w/o any notice. It is cruel and unfair after their loyalty for so many years. They have fan bases and they hae supported Q's big budget execs for decades.Crappy way to treat employees. 

Respected Contributor

I also don't mind some of the shows with dual hosting responsibilities. 

I'll watch depending upon the duo.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe    No one has lifetime job security anymore. When the company decides you or job is no longer necessary you are gone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@BalletBabe    No one has lifetime job security anymore. When the company decides you or job is no longer necessary you are gone. 

@50Mickey   I know that but it is still so wrong.  I try to picture myself running a business and someone working for me that long.  I just could not let them go. I guess it is good I don't own a business.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Starfish wrote:

Here is your 1 person: I like multiple hosts. I think it makes watching more intersting. If you just want produc then just look at the show's products online. 

Sheesh You people talk like you know one thing about producing a show like this on QVC. I'm betting you don't. These are human beings with bills to pay and mortgages to pay and they got laid off w/o any notice. It is cruel and unfair after their loyalty for so many years. They have fan bases and they hae supported Q's big budget execs for decades.Crappy way to treat employees. 

@Starfish   You know I like almost everyone but JT.  I can watch all of them.  I just wish they would stress to all the Hosts that they must give us all the information we need to make a decision.  I mean that is why we watch isn't it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I also don't mind some of the shows with dual hosting responsibilities. 

I'll watch depending upon the duo.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes   I agree but with money tight, it just don't seem like something they should be spending money on.  Think how much that would save to go back to one Host.

Respected Contributor

I watch primarily for entertainment. 

I shop on the app.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@50Mickey   I know that but it is still so wrong.  I try to picture myself running a business and someone working for me that long.  I just could not let them go. I guess it is good I don't own a business.  LOL

Not every decision made is a good one. But...QVC has obviously decided on a strategy going forward that these recent decisions reflect. None of us really know what their thinking/plan is..no matter how much speculation goes on here.

Wherever all this latest "strategy" goes, if it's right or an "out of touch" poor decision...how it all pans out, if it succeeds, what the heck their goal is....is yet to see.

Valued Contributor

I watched shophq for a few minutes out of curiosity and I felt as though I lost brain cells! What an awful online shopping network. How could anyone sit and watch these people??? 

QVC pays their hosts an obscene amount of money. I highly doubt that these other shopping networks pay their hosts what the Q does!

QVC doesn't even use the hosts that they have. It doesn't make sense that they hire so many new people. There are hosts who are literally on air 1-2x a week. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC has 25 hosts

[ Edited ]

FYO:  the other shopping channels have

JTV                        22 hosts

Shoplc                    21 hosts

HSN                       18 hosts

so it looks like QVC is in the ballpark ready to hit a home run!

: