New Contributor
In addition, they charge 29.99% interest, and I have an excellent credit score!
Respected Contributor
I use easy pay only for larger purchases and even then only a few at a time until paid in full. I found myself caught in this trap many years ago and decided enough of that. I do find it very time consuming to reconcile every month. 95% of my purchases are paid same as cash directly from a checking account. If I can’t afford to do that don’t buy. Can’t see ordering food items on easy pay, long gone before paid off! Those buying gifts now on 5 or six pay will be paying until next summer. I have read in these forums some reasonable reasons one might want to use it. I say to each their own. For me, I don’t want all those bills to pay every month, very good feeling.
Super Contributor
I've never used easy pay. Was sort of aghast when they first offered it. It's one of the reasons I order on the phone rather than through automated ordering. I want to be certain the order doesn't default to easy pay.
Honored Contributor

I had a Q Card and never had an issue with Synchrony Bank and I used easy pay. I never paid one cent in any fees of any kind and I didn't pay one cent of interest.  What the interest rate on the card is has nothing to do with someone's credit score.  

I think the issue is clearly that some people don't understand how easy pay works or how paying a credit card in general works.  If you pay your statement balance every month by the due date, there is no interest and there are no fees.  Synchrony isn't charging random fees for no reason.  LOL 

Valued Contributor

@bluetail fly wrote:
I've never used easy pay. Was sort of aghast when they first offered it. It's one of the reasons I order on the phone rather than through automated ordering. I want to be certain the order doesn't default to easy pay.

@bluetail fly  You don't have to do phone orders just to avoid the default easy pay. All you have to do is click "edit" and change it to whatever payment you want! Much easier than having to call EVERY time to place an order -- IMO

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

@ Montana 

You can go online to your order status page, click on easy pay, and it shows your monthly easy pays due.  You can edit on that page and choose to pay off the remaining balance. I do that once I receive an item and decide I am not returning it.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@ Montana 

You can go online to your order status page, click on easy pay, and it shows your monthly easy pays due.  You can edit on that page and choose to pay off the remaining balance. I do that once I receive an item and decide I am not returning it.

@Catch71 
I never use Easy Pay, but it sounds like they are easy to track and manage,

I order from a variety of websites and always make my own list of orders each month.  I like having all my order information in one place.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kingcake wrote:
Anyone else caught in the viscous cycle of easy pay debt? Never again am I going to order on easy pay. I got lost not realizing how many I had and climbing out of QVC debt. Anyone else?

@Kingcake   I keep a calendar with my checkbook.  If I order on easy pay, I write down what I ordered and write that amount on each month..   I mostly pay them off before they are due.   I hardly ever return anything but easy pay allows me to feel better at times to only have one payment out , till I would get a refund.  I personally like it that they give us the option.  Get a calendar and write everything down.  If you cannot keep track then don't use it and hopefully your using a ow interest credit card.  Good Luck.  .   

Respected Contributor

@Kingcake It’s very easy to be lulled into the web of only $6 or $7 a month and then there you are with a dozen easy pays and half a year of payments. I use it for items that I want to be sure I will like, and if I do, I then go into order status and pay it off. Right now I have a few more easy pays than usual because I needed some fall clothes, but I have no undelivered purchases and will pay off all my easy pay items before ordering anything else. I will have them all paid in full next month. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kingcake 

@Kingcake wrote:
Anyone else caught in the viscous cycle of easy pay debt? Never again am I going to order on easy pay. I got lost not realizing how many I had and climbing out of QVC debt. Anyone else?

I just paid off 400+.  No more SO and no more ordering.  Good feeling not to look at SO bill of have one.  An easy trap to get into..