Super Contributor

Re: QVC and Honest Feedback Censorship

I have noticed an extreme lack of discretion and fairness from QVC in this area, and boy oh boy I do not like it one bit, this is why I started my thread on propaganda, because they are manipulating information to influence the community and they are totally UNWORTHY of their customers input if this is what they think they are going keep doing. It has been brought out now to thier attention, they must deal with it, but they have been exposed. Doesnt this stupid company know that when you complain about the quality you are actually helping them to isolate a problem that might cost them more down the road. GUESS NOT...DOOOOHHHH

Super Contributor

On 12/29/2014 4getthemall said: I feel your frustration. That's kind of why I posted the thread about my questions and responses (answers) disappearing from item reviews. Last week I answered someone's question about the difference between the Bose soundlink color speaker and the Bose mini soundlink. I responded that the Bose color has way too much bass and that it's worth paying extra to get the Bose mini. My response showed up for a couple of days and now it's gone. Shouldn't we answer someone's question honestly and/or write honest reviews whether good or bad or a little of both?!

thats just wrong on so many levels, we all need to contact corporate, be heard, this is about right and wrong. some working girl has forgotten who she works for....THE CUSTOMER

I rely heavily on reviews , I always read them, they are very important and you arent going o do anything QVC by stifling the truth except create a big pile of returned parcels that you cant even barcode correctly apparently. Isn't it easier to be honest?

Super Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Kachina624 said: You have no way of knowing what caused the odor. It was most likely the insecticide they spray on incoming shipments of good from overseas, and has nothing to do with the performance of the product. Many things have that odor, which dissipates after a few days. It's not something QVC has any control over.

No, but it is something they should know about at least, not just sweep this persons concerns away as if she were some pest. These chemicals are toxic often times, how do they know their manufactuer is using the right one...oh by that stink maybe?

Esteemed Contributor

I've had only one review to the Q not accepted, and I know why. My review was on a mattress, the one where they promise white glove delivery. I gave the review four stars, b/c the mattress was perfect. Unfortunately, the delivery was a nightmare. It was truly the worst delivery I've ever seen. The men, although nice, had never delivered a mattress in their life. If the mattress did not have an acceptable covering I would have refused for fear of damage. The Q would not accept. They give great selling to their "white glove delivery." It very well would have cost many sales to print mine, although polite and just truthful.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 taja123 said:

I've had only one review to the Q not accepted, and I know why. My review was on a mattress, the one where they promise white glove delivery. I gave the review four stars, b/c the mattress was perfect. Unfortunately, the delivery was a nightmare. It was truly the worst delivery I've ever seen. The men, although nice, had never delivered a mattress in their life. If the mattress did not have an acceptable covering I would have refused for fear of damage. The Q would not accept. They give great selling to their "white glove delivery." It very well would have cost many sales to print mine, although polite and just truthful.

This is why:

When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

• Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
  • Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
  • All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Use

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

• Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
  • Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
  • Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
  • Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/15/2015 suzyQ3 said:

This is why:

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

• Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
  • Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
  • Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
  • Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.

That sure explains it. Thanks, Suzy. I'll remember this should it occur in the future. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Yeah, they seem to be having a great deal of censorship going on on many levels, I am outraged myself when I read the stories, I use the reviews and I see the pattern on the forums here. I spend little time here anymore, I prefer HSN, more upbeat, who needs a Berlin wall. HSN is very broad and open and it makes me feel listened to.

Valued Contributor

This is why:

WOW, do you work for the Q, I can not believe you would go to the trouble to copy and paste so much to berate another customers who is just expressing her opinion. Any other rules you want to share?

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 blankette said:

This is why:

WOW, do you work for the Q, I can not believe you would go to the trouble to copy and paste so much to berate another customers who is just expressing her opinion. Any other rules you want to share?

I'm not sure how you get "berate" out of my post, but whatever.

Btw, it took me all of a minute to post the stated policy and most likely reason for the post to be declined. Sorry it apparently disturbed you so much.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

On 12/16/2014 KYToby said:

I see negative reviews on QVC all the time. It is likely your original review did violate guidelines (sometimes just a small detail cold cause it to fail), but we do not know for sure.

You have a voice on QVC (you posted here), but you do have to follow their guidelines. Quite frankly, many of the Amazon reviews are ludicrous -- particularly the negative reviews.

---- Same ol' Same ol' !!! I've also had Product Reviews blocked. If I'd been given a reason or suggestion to modify I would be fine with editing it. But as in all the Forums we are given NO REASON for a post or thread getting the poof and the ruler hand-smack! Silly stuff which I hope will change if anyone at the Q is paying attention.