Respected Contributor

QVC all streaming in the future?

[ Edited ]

I heard David V. mentioning how everything is streaming now and will be in the future.

Broadcast companies and Hollywood all know it's the future.

I think all home shopping will eventually be all streamin only. Too much money to be made!

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC all streaming in the future?

I guess I need to go look up the meaning of streaming. 

Trusted Contributor

I stream QVC on Amazon Fire Stick.  We have QVC "over the air" here available with an antenna but the quality is poor.

Been streaming for probably 10 years now. No cable. Only way to go.

I personally don't know any of my family or friends who have cable or dish anymore.

Respected Contributor

I am not up to speed with all this new technology.  What the heck is streaming?  I like my cable, am very happy with it.  I still have a landling, flip top phone.  Call me old fashioned, but all this works for me and I don't see why I have to change what I like and am comfortable with.

Esteemed Contributor

I stream both in my living room TV is a (Roku TV) and on my bedroom TV (Firestick).

I have not had cable for years and I do not miss it at all. 

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I guess I need to go look up the meaning of streaming. 

Santoritini,

Streaming such as Disney+, Hulu,  Netflix. you pay a monthly fee...

Respected Contributor

We still have DISH, because we are limited in internet providers, and the one we do use...the most reliable...sometimes isn't. That being said, we have a smart TV and do stream Netflix, Paramount+, HBO+, STARZ, and Prime Video.

Honored Contributor

Depending on where you live and the quality of your WiFi service, streaming can be "iffy".  Mine is not particularly good and there are times when there are more breaks in service than adequate picture quality.  I think that's the case many places.  This may be a mistake to assume it will be successful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Seniors do not like streaming. The majority enjoy QVC through a cable television subscription. If David is pushing management toward streaming I will be very disappointed. I've been a loyal shopper since the early 1990s. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Seniors do not like streaming. The majority enjoy QVC through a cable television subscription. If David is pushing management toward streaming I will be very disappointed. I've been a loyal shopper since the early 1990s. 

The hosts are paid to sell, sell, sell. The method used is decided by management. 

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director