Contributor
I had an auto delivery for potstickers (120 count) for $59.99. I’ve noticed that when the price of items go up all if a sudden my AD is on back order. If they have 75 count or 50 count, I don’t understand why QVC and its vendors can’t uphold their original auto delivery price And quantity.

I received an email that my order was on back order and then last week I received an email that it was in process. So today I received yet another email that my auto delivery was complete - really? Be careful of AD because QVC can discontinue it any time.

The slow shipping and shipping charges on other items are just ridiculous and the return time for processing is inexcusable. I can find all the items offered at QVC at other places, lower costs and get free shipping and free returns.
QVC better wise up because you are losing customers. I have shopped since 1986 and new customers are getting better offers than me. VERY sad.
Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Carol in Maryland 

That has happened to me w/ AD.  Just is what it is.  Yes, QVC reserves the right to cancel future orders...part of the fine print.

With this recession and the HIGH cost of goods and FUEL...I understand companies may not be able to honor my pricing any longer.  Blame Washington, not the vendor.

It does NOT have to take long to get a return refund IF you use the EZ return method.

Credits are in a couple days.

I recently ordered 3 things on free shipping day that QVC had the lowest price.  The Microsoft Edge Shopper verified it and I checked!   LOL

We all need to shop for the best value wherever that may be.

I ALWAYS take advantage of new customer promo's on all sites I shop at.  I realize in this economy, all sites are fighting for sales...and don't blame QVC for trying to entice new customers.

Honored Contributor

Yes, very common complaints. 

I, too, have had the same problems with auto delivery.  I cancelled all of them,  I'm not playing that game, the vendor doesn't want to honor lower prices now that the prices have gone up.  I think they are hoping the customer will reorder at the higher price.  

We hear your last paragraph all the time here.

Yes, often we can find similar items, lower prices, better quality, and speedy free shipping, elsewhere. 

Offering free 3 month shipping to new customers has been very disturbing to some long time loyal shoppers. 

Honored Contributor

I think they should discontinue all auto deliveries, especially on food items, until prices stabilize.  Most food vendors are smaller companies and simply can't afford to subsidise QVC customers as prices of raw materials and transportation increase.  It may not be fair to the customer but it's not fair to the vendors either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, very common complaints. 

I, too, have had the same problems with auto delivery.  I cancelled all of them,  I'm not playing that game, the vendor doesn't want to honor lower prices now that the prices have gone up.  

We hear your last paragraph all the time here.

Yes, often we can find similar items, lower prices, better quality, and speedy free shipping, elsewhere. I think they are hoping the customer will reorder at the higher price.  

Offering free 3 month shipping to new customers has been very disturbing to some long time loyal shoppers.

I agree with this totally. I am a longtime shopper and I am still disturbed. It has nothing to do with the free shipping...it has to do with the principle, for me. I am now shopping at other retailers. 

Honored Contributor

There is always going to be high cost of food & fuel.  Can you remember a time people did not feel that painful pinch relative to a time before?  Sometimes it's starker than other times.  Come on. 

So yes, I expect my auto-delivery to be considered just as it's pitched by the hosts -- locked in!  I can definitely understand not getting the item when quantity is unavailable, that's just common sense not to expect it. 

But I think the practice of cancelling auto deliveries so that the same item can instead be fulfilled at the higher price or lesser amount in the package is lousy. 

Auto delivery is really only meant to be good for the company.  No matter how they pitch it.  Just like Easy Pays.

Not surprisingly, I've had two auto-deliveries cancelled over time.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Carol in Maryland  I experienced the same problem with my potsticker AD. For a few years now I've been sending them to my DD and her family on AD. I wait until they have the lowest price and order. In the spring they started with the backorder game. Finally in August, they cancelled my order. Meanwhile, there were potstickers offered at a higher price. I will not fall for the AD ruse again. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think they should discontinue all auto deliveries, especially on food items, until prices stabilize.  Most food vendors are smaller companies and simply can't afford to subsidise QVC customers as prices of raw materials and transportation increase.  It may not be fair to the customer but it's not fair to the vendors either.

If things are so unstable then thenfood vendors should not be on air.

Respected Contributor

Why do hosts keep telling us to lock it in with  auto delivery if this is happening?