Honored Contributor

QVC Stock Reaches 52-Week Low

Liberty Interactive-- QVC's stock-- reached a 52-week low on Sept. 14. Here's the link to a brief article.

The analysts covering this stock unanimously feel optimistic about it rebounding, however. Maybe QVC's attempt to cut its operating expenses is making the financial experts feel good.

But perhaps going forward the Q can think of ways other than laying off 100 local employees... like increasing sales. There are many ways to do just that, which have been discussed here often. For example: improve Quality, improve Value, improve Variety, restore a more customer-friendly shipping and return policy, and make the programming more watchable...

http://www.chesterindependent.com/2016/09/14/how-analysts-feel-about-liberty-interactive-corp-after-...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Stock Reaches 52-Week Low

@handygal2 wrote:

Liberty Interactive-- QVC's stock-- reached a 52-week low on Sept. 14. Here's the link to a brief article.

The analysts covering this stock unanimously feel optimistic about it rebounding, however. Maybe QVC's attempt to cut its operating expenses is making the financial experts feel good.

But perhaps going forward the Q can think of ways other than laying off 100 local employees... like increasing sales. There are many ways to do just that, which have been discussed here often. For example: improve Quality, improve Value, improve Variety, restore a more customer-friendly shipping and return policy, and make the programming more watchable...

http://www.chesterindependent.com/2016/09/14/how-analysts-feel-about-liberty-interactive-corp-after-...

Bring better jewelry back to QVC.  Years ago we had gem and Diamonique days.   QVC made the conscious decision to become a home and garden station a few years ago.  Boring.  Also the shipping policy is awful.  I don't want to spend almost $9.00 to try on a blouse. 

Honored Contributor

Be sure to compare it to other major retailers.  I had looked at Nordstrom last week -  they had dropped around 50% over the last year, but had rebounded a bit before this week's big market drops.  QVC is definitely not alone. 

Retail is an ugly spot in the stock market right now.  There are general retailers in some of my mutual funds, but none at all in the stocks I pick for myself.  Not enough potential profit compared to the risk.

Honored Contributor

As is typical for large corporations and congress, the easiest place to cut is at the lower levels.  It's easier than addressing at the real problems, cutting unnecessary spending, and hurting those the who would be affected if real problems were addressed.  It's just how things are done these days.  IMO, it's unethical at best.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Bring better jewelry back to QVC.  Years ago we had gem and Diamonique days.   QVC made the conscious decision to become a home and garden station a few years ago.  Boring.  Also the shipping policy is awful.  I don't want to spend almost $9.00 to try on a blouse. 

Q used to claim its place of honor in gold jewelry inventory.  They have dumbed down gold so much that it's not worth buying.  Yes, I know gold is expensive.  But Q offers super cheap/flimsy junk or Arte d'Oro.  There is a real market for something in between.  

Esteemed Contributor

They need to study Amazon.....great customer service, super quick shipping, easy returns, better website, etc.

Honored Contributor

So often, the website has gone down during peak order times....even times when some of the TSVs were being presented.   Wonder how many sales dollars are lost during those down times.  They definitely need a more robust system, or more talented IT people.

Oh.....and it might help if they would go back to more professionalism with the hosts.  A few are still professional, but most of the newer ones, not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

This new CEO really has done a poor job with everything.

Who knows maybe it's on purpose.

That being said since he has been on board the web site has made it impossible on several occasion for me to order which saved me money.

His shipping and return policy is a hugh turn off and his bogus prices makes it easier to shop elsewhere.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think the shipping or return policy is a problem. They had to do something to stop people from ordering items in 3 different colors, 3 different sizes in order to see which fits best or which color they like best. Their returns had to be ridiculous. And that costs money. But what they need to do is offer some incentives. Free shipping over a certain dollar amount, as every other online retailer does. 20-30% off coupons. Look at Kohls. Cheap merchandise, flimsy fabrics, over-inflated original pricing. But they know how to bring in customers with "sales" and coupons. Qvc's idea of a deal is easy pay. I will never understand that. If you can't afford to pay cash for something, you shouldn't buy it. I've seen items with easy pays of $5 for 4 or 5 months? Really?

Honored Contributor

I just think that people's shopping habits have changed. Shipping charges are high everywhere, unless yo have prime or land on a deal. Yes, I  know that I pay for prime, but for me it is worth it. All I know is  I 'm older and I don't need anymore jewelry. I can only carry so many handbags and my kitchen won .t hold anymore gadgets. Young people seem to have different wants these days, and I don't know any younger people who shop QVC.  Like the rest of you said retail is hard.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan