Valued Contributor

How does this happen?

Okay, they are sold out of an item and no more stock will be in for the season per the host and designer.  But, then you look again weeks later and 1 or 2 show up?   What are they doing?  Selling customer returns as new items????   Where are they suddenly getting these items.  I'm talking clothing....

Frequent Contributor

Maybe from late cancellations!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think this happens all the time.  When I am trying to buy something and I am too late and it is sold out, I check several hours later and often I can get one, or at least get on waitlist.

If you are finding products available weeks later, I would assume they were either returns, or enough people cancelled that the wait list was satisfied and there were enough to post more available online.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Yes, they do send customer returns and they are new.  I've received many and they've always been in pristine condition.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: QVC STOCK???

[ Edited ]

They should not sell customer returns as NEW!!!!

@Kachina624

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

Returned clothing items should be marked down and sold "As Is."   

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

@Kachina624

@highmaintenancejan  If there is absolutely nothing wrong with a return, I see no reason why it should be discounted.  I've returned things i never even opened.  Do department stores discount items because somebody tried it on or bought and returned it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624

But they do advertise and often promote the fact that everything you purchase there is unlike department stores and has never been tried on and is in pristine new condition!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every B&M and online retailer sells returns. I see nothing wrong with it.  It's no different than if you tried on a shirt at a store but didn't buy it.   I wouldn't wear anything without first washing it anyway.  

Contributor

I bought a purse brand new.  It was wrapped up like it was new, but unfortunately, it had someone's used lipstick inside.