Honored Contributor

I received an email revealing Q’s 32nd birthday gift: if I open a Q Card account, I get $32 back.

That’s so much better than lower prices, free shipping, extra easy pays, etc. 

I knew they’d do something so special that would benefit the customer. Not!

Honored Contributor

Maybe I should close my account & open another in DH's name just to get the $32 off. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

BFD !!!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

They must be making big $$$$$ from those Q cards!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Of course they are.  I closed mine.  Never used it.  I have cards that give me money back.  Q Card gives you nothing but easy pays.   I would rather have a card that I get something back.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Of course they are.  I closed mine.  Never used it.  I have cards that give me money back.  Q Card gives you nothing but easy pays.   I would rather have a card that I get something back.

@BalletBabe: I agree. I use credit cards that give me cash back rewards.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Maybe I should close my account & open another in DH's name just to get the $32 off. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz: Lol! Many people don't realize this, but every time you apply for new credit, your FICO score goes down for about 6 months. I learned this the hard way! No more new credit cards for me, not that l need them anyway!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I received an email revealing Q’s 32nd birthday gift: if I open a Q Card account, I get $32 back.

I received the same email and deleted it within seconds.

A friend of mine had a Q Card, paid on time for years, and then lost her job.  She worked out a payment plan, made every payment as scheduled, and was put in Collections with no warning.  It was a mess that took a long time to straighten out.

I have no need for a Q Card.  I don't see one single advantage to having one, and never will.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

A friend of mine had a Q Card, paid on time for years, and then lost her job.  She worked out a payment plan, made every payment as scheduled, and was put in Collections with no warning.  It was a mess that took a long time to straighten out.

I have no need for a Q Card.  I don't see one single advantage to having one, and never will.

@NYC Susan  Why did her account go to collections if she paid each month?

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@NYC Susan  Why did her account go to collections if she paid each month?

She never found out.   She had followed the payment plan exactly as agreed, and was shocked because she thought everything would be fine as long as she did that.  Once it was sent to Collections, there was no going back - It was in their hands.  It was a time-consuming mess, and she ended up negotiating a settlement amount.