Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Return Labels...Never Again!

On 2/25/2015 kittymomNC said:

I returned a number of things in late January, and I never have a problem. I just tell the clerk I need proof of mailing, they scan my packages, and give me a receipt.

I did mail one package paying my own postage because it was cheaper. Normally I would have printed the label with the appropriate postage myself, but my printer was out of ink so I had the post office do it. Priority mail is supposed to carry $50.00 in insurance, and I wanted to insure it for $100.00 -- so I thought I only needed to pay for an extra $50.00 of insurance. They said that because of some agreement with QVC (and some other companies- they said they had a list), I had to pay for the full $100.00 insurance.

I asked them how QVC could dictate what I paid for insurance on a Priority Mail piece I was paying for myself? They said they didn't understand it, but because it was going to "QVC Returns", that's the policy. They said they have to check any QVC boxes to see if they're going to QVC Returns, and if they are, then there is no insurance included in the Priority Mail price.

I called QVC and they said they had never head of this. I haven't returned anything since then, because I haven't bought

Esteemed Contributor

KittyMom, same thing happened to me. I was returning a item using my own handwritten label and paying for the postage. Imtried to insure it and the PO clerk refused to allow me to get insurance saying it already had insurance. I argued with her but got absolutely nowhere. I called the Q later that day and indeed I was right and I should have been able to get insurance since it was not a pre-paid label. Obviously the PO clerks are in error.
Respected Contributor

I returned a package last week using the prepaid label. The post office scanned it for me and even gave me a receipt. Later that same day, I received an e-mail from QVC stating that my return had been scanned by the P.O. and that QVC would notify me when the package was reveived.

I make it a habit to insure any returns over $100. If the P.O. won't let me buy insurance, I go to UPS.

Trusted Contributor

My local PO does not scan these packages. I asked and they said NO. I have never had a problem, yet. But, I always feel a twinge of uneasiness just leaving the package there without a receipt. Like I said, so far so good.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 circles said:

I put my returns on the porch and the postman takes it...I never go to my local post office..never even see the postman....never had a problem....

Hi CIRCLES.....I did the same thing....I kept seeing the commercials for the Post Office advertising this service, so I thought I'd try it....I went online selected the day of pickup, left it on my porch....and I got an email confirming the pickup....easy peasy.

Of course I think you have to know your neighborhood and neighbors ...... and this might not work during Christmas because our news had stories of people going through neighborhoods looking for packages to steal....not nice!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I always use the Q's return label and have never had a problem. My post office doesn't scan either. I think if I was sending something back valued at hundreds of dollars, I would either print my own label and pay for the return or take it to UPS where they have always given me a Receipt. I might also notify QVC by phone to let them know of my return to be on the safe side. I think QVC's Customer Service is the best.......
~H~
Trusted Contributor

Update... I finally see the tracking info for my return!

package was scanned at my post office on 2/13

The package sat and did not move until on 2/24

then arrived at another local town on 2/25

and now is finally in transit to PA.

None of this tracking info was available to me or CS when I called...until today. Strange it sat at my post office for 11 days. At least it proves I returned the package. Now I don't care what happens.

Getting off my soapbox : : : : :

Thanking listening to my saga. I will pay for my own shipping on returns from now on.

I already have enough gray hair. This experience has definitely halted my purchases...which is a good thing.

Honored Contributor

My post office scans my packages and within 24 hrs I get an email saying it's being processed. Same for all shopping channels. What they will no longer do is give me a receipt when I drop them off.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Kachina624 said: My post office scans my packages and within 24 hrs I get an email saying it's being processed. Same for all shopping channels. What they will no longer do is give me a receipt when I drop them off.

I usually receive email notification on my returns too. I still haven't received any emails concerning this return. CS at QVC will not do anything to help on lost returns until 12 days have passed. Their system did not show any info on this return, when I originally called on the 12th day. Must have been a fluke in the system.

Super Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Bestdressed said:

...None of this tracking info was available to me or CS when I called...until today. Strange it sat at my post office for 11 days. ..

Qz packages are thrown into a special bin that sits there until the special carrier comes. At my p.o. that can be one or two weeks. That's why, should you make your own shipping label, you have to request that they do NOT put it in "that" bin. You paid for regular shipping, and you should get regular (much faster) shipping. - Bird