Frequent Contributor
I’m a west coast insomniac and putting in the Q helps me relax and fall asleep. What I’ve seen recently, or maybe just noticed, that even on the main channel, they are rerunning shows!!! In the decades that I’ve been watching QVC, I’ve never seen that!
Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Reruns on Main Channel

I feel your pain, I often watched in the middle of the night for the same reasons!  It helped me and QVC too because I would often shop then too.  Lots of threads on this topic with folks expressing their displeasure.  Still, QVC persists with this new change so it must make a difference to their bottom line.

Respected Contributor

Can't you still shop in the wee hours even if the programs are recorded?  And why wouldn't the recorded shows still have the same relaxing effect?

I even see a lot of things on QVC 3 that I haven't seen before. Or that just curretly interest me.

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Can't you still shop in the wee hours even if the programs are recorded?  And why wouldn't the recorded shows still have the same relaxing effect?

I even see a lot of things on QVC 3 that I haven't seen before. Or that just curretly interest me.

@FranandZoe  .. since the programs are recorded the prices and availability may have changed. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't figured out their reasoning, but their bottom line is more important than what customers want to see. Makes no sense to me since our purchases make up their bottom line...good or bad. No viewers, no buying.

Regular Contributor

Even JTV has a live show at 6am! I really don't like watching JTV in general, but I noticed over the weekend they were live at 6.

I am just mixed on the reruns. If the TSV is something I'm interested in I like the reruns. If it is all tablets, laptops,electronics on both QVC and HSN I get a little irratated. 

Honored Contributor

On nights I can't sleep, I've started listening/watching HGTV, Food Network or take out my IPAD. BTW, it's been proven TV & electronics (blue light) adds to insomnia and keeps you from falling asleep.

New Contributor

The problem with the reruns during the middle of the night is that it's the same show over and over and over. Usually the TSV. So no shopping unless you want the TSV....over and over and over.....  

Honored Contributor

It's obvious to me, QVC is trying to save money.  For QxH (QVC and HSN) combined, sales were down 4% for the third quarter.  See Investor Resources at the bottom of this page.  The fourth quarter will be telling.  

However, by presenting more repeats than live programming, and repetitive products during the day, customers will begin watching other TV programming of more interest.  Breaking the QVC habit.  

Retailers depend on returning customers.  No way they can survive on only new customers.  

Valued Contributor

I really don't understand why everyone is so upset bc QVC shows reruns. For the love of Pete, there's more channels to watch besides QVC.