Super Contributor

QVC II no more live shows?

[ Edited ]

Apologies if I missed an announcement.  I tried to find one before posting.  I see QVC II is again relegated to reruns when they had revamped it and had live progamming for months.  Does anyone know if it will return to live or if it is just another rerun channel?  If that is the case I wish the main channel would go 24x7 live again.  It is sad all the rerun channels for shopping channels.  I don't watch the reruns. 

It is confusing for shoppers.  They came up with this second channel and I would watch it.  Then it stopped reruns due to COVID or whatever.   So I got out of the habit of watching it.  Then I found out by accident it was back to expanded live shows.  Now it is back to just another rerun channel.  Disappointing and a missed opportunity, especially after they got people used to it again, only to remove it.  The channel guide also shows something different from what is actually on.

Contributor

Re: QVC II no more live shows?

It appears to be related to the QVC distribution center fire that happened this past weekend.

According to the updated Program Guide on the website, QVC2 live programming is on hiatus, at least through the new year. I don't think an official announcement has been made as to when or if it will be back.

Honored Contributor

I really don't think it's related to the fire in NC.

QVC2 did coincidentally go all pre-recorded the same day as the devastating fire.  But then it was LIVE again on Sunday, just to go pre-recorded again yesterday and today.

I haven't seen any announcements from QVC about QVC2 changes though..

Honored Contributor

@Tukey   It was necessary to immediately discontinue live programming on Q2 Saturday morning when they got word of the fire.  They will have to reassess the situation and determine if they have product to sell on another channel.  It'll take awhile to recover. 

DID you hear about the fire?  Disappointing hardly describes the situation.  Tragic would be more appropriate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

What's the connection between live Q2 broadcasting and the warehouse fire?

I can't see it and tying them together makes no sense (to me.)

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am only assuming that planned live QVC2 shows were selling items that were 'In-stock" at this particular distribution center and now that most of it is lost to fire, programming had to be altered. They can no longer sell things that have been lost to fire. I know some items come directly from the manufacturer, but apparently this warehouse was huge (according to reports, help up to 30% of their inventory).

QVC main channel programming would be their main priority and perhaps items that were planning on being aired on QVC2 would be moved to now be sold on QVC. Not enough items to cover live programming on two channels.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager I was wondering the same thing.  Nutty

Esteemed Contributor

Why not just shut down the website and close the app if they wanted to stop or slow sales,  I just don't believe there is a link....of course,  my view.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

What's the connection between live Q2 broadcasting and the warehouse fire?

I can't see it and tying them together makes no sense (to me.)

@Johnnyeager    It should be obvious that maybe with 1/3 of their inventory gone they may have insufficient product to sustain 2 channels.  This warehouse was second in size only to the new one in Bethlehem, PA. 

In addition they had programs scheduled, and I'm sure, need to assess the inventory to determine if products in those shows would be available.  No point in selling stuff that burned up 6 hours ago. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

But it's not like they aren't selling on QVC2 right now.  LIVE or pre-recorded, items from those shows are still being sold.  They are not showing all sold-out inventory in pre-recorded shows.  That's why I don't think the two are directly related/connected.