Valued Contributor

THEY HAD  6 POUNDS OF MAMA MANCINIS  MEAT BALLS   66 BUCKS   HE GAVE THE RECIPE IT HAD ONIONS IN IT   I GREW UP IN AN ITALIAN FAMIL WE NEVER NEVER ADDED ONIONS  JILL AND DAVID JUST ATE AND ATE 

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine meatloaf or meatballs without onions.  They'd be very bland without. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

In my opinion, the food offered here is extremely over-priced.  I can go to the best store in my area that has a fabulous meat and seafood counter and lots of speciality baked goodies and spend far less.  Quality and service are excellent.

Honored Contributor

I agree that the food is expensive but if you live in a rural area where there are not many choices I think it would be nice for a treat.  I live in a region where wonderful fresh seafood abounds (PNW) but I occasionally order Lobstergram Maine lobsters.  I tried a couple of sites mentioned on these boards that were less expensive but the lobster was not as good so I went back to Lobstergram.  The last couple of times I ordered directly from the company.  

Respected Contributor

$11 a pound for meatballs?  Ridiculous! 

Valued Contributor

Their meatball are tasteless and bland' but their meatloaf is the worse thing I've ever tasted.  Corey's ribs are good.

Honored Contributor

My grandparents were from Italy and my grandmother's meatballs also never had onions.  She had ground pepperoni or even Genoa salami, red sauce and often veal and pork in hers.  I still make mine like hers.  She always said those who don't know how to make foods flavorable just use onions to try to cover up their lack of cooking skills instead of  making a really tasty meatball!!.  None of the Italian women in their community used onions either!  

Respected Contributor

I have ordered these meatballs a couple times and I don't know why.  I agree they are tasteless and boring.  But, I used them in my pasta bake instead of just frying beef.  Because I use added sauce I didn't notice until I tried to eat them by themselves one time.  I've not ordered again.  I had an aunt that was married to an Italian and she learned from her mother-in-law.  Her meatballs never included onion.

Honored Contributor

They were selling some farm raised salmon fillets today for an outrageous price! 

Honored Contributor

I can understand something like lobster that isn't readily available, but meatballs ?! All you need is the ground meat f your choice and ingredients you probably already have. I don't put onions in my meatballs, but it certainly wouldn' ruin them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan