Occasional Contributor

There is a flaw in how QVC calculates a refund on a item when it is returned, particularly when a flex pay is involved.  It has to do with the shipping cost only.

See my post under return shipping refund.  I am requesting QVC fix this error in their system.

QVC was kind enough to refund me when I questioned it.

Respected Contributor

Why don't you just tell us what you're referring to?

Occasional Contributor

Here's an example (of my purchase).  I used 2 flex pays.

Item cost - $34.12

Tax.          -     3.50

Shipping. -     5.00. (This is non-refundable)

Total, on this purchase  - $42.62,  or 2 flex pays of $21.31

My card was charged $21.31 for the first flex pay.  Note, at this point, half the shipping fee ($2.50) has been charged to my card!

Yet, when I return the item before the second flex pay is charged, using the Q label which was $6.95, they deducted this amount PLUS $5.00, the initial shipping fee.  As I noted earlier, half the shipping fee ($2.50) was included in my first flex pay, that I paid when I paid my credit card.  Therefore, they should have only deducted the balance of $2.50 I owed for shipping when I returned the item, NOT $5.00!  Per their system, I was charged $7.50 for shipping.

So, my refund was $9.36 when it should have been $11.86.

It is the principle, not the dollar value for me.  I wanted to bring this to the attention of the avid QVC shoppers.

Hope this was clearer.  

Finally, QVC WAS KIND ENOUGH TO REFUND ME $2.50 when I brought this to their attention.

Honored Contributor

Nothing kind about it -  it's your money and their computers need to be programmed to figure out the right refund. 

However, I do believe no one ever cares about my money more than I do myself, so, yes, I figure out what I think my refund should be and if any company gives me something different, I'd expect they could explain why our figuring gave us different answers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUESTION ON REFUND

[ Edited ]

@lizmath wrote:

Here's an example (of my purchase).  I used 2 flex pays.

Item cost - $34.12

Tax.          -     3.50

Shipping. -     5.00. (This is non-refundable)

Total, on this purchase  - $42.62,  or 2 flex pays of $21.31

My card was charged $21.31 for the first flex pay.  Note, at this point, half the shipping fee ($2.50) has been charged to my card!

Yet, when I return the item before the second flex pay is charged, using the Q label which was $6.95, they deducted this amount PLUS $5.00, the initial shipping fee.  As I noted earlier, half the shipping fee ($2.50) was included in my first flex pay, that I paid when I paid my credit card.  Therefore, they should have only deducted the balance of $2.50 I owed for shipping when I returned the item, NOT $5.00!  Per their system, I was charged $7.50 for shipping.

So, my refund was $9.36 when it should have been $11.86.

It is the principle, not the dollar value for me.  I wanted to bring this to the attention of the avid QVC shoppers.

Hope this was clearer.  

Finally, QVC WAS KIND ENOUGH TO REFUND ME $2.50 when I brought this to their attention.

If QVC refunded you $2.50 they did it as a courtesy possibly because you misunderstood the policy. I wouldn't expect them to do it again. When you pay shipping on an item using easy pay the entire amount of shipping is deducted from what you paid if you choose to return the item.

Think about what you paid minus what you owed. The total amount you paid was one easy pay of $21.31. When you deduct the return label fee ($6.95) and the original shipping to you ($5.00) from $21.31 how do you get $11.86? You don't--you get $9.36.

From reading your post your refund should have been $9.36. 

$21.31 - $6.95 - $5.00 = $9.36

So, yes, QVC refunding you an extra $2.50 was done out of kindness. 

Respected Contributor

$9.36 is the amont you should have been refunded. Using your example. You paid $21.31 for your 1st easy pay. You return the item using the Q label. Say Q refunds you the whole $21.31 back (so in essence you paid nothing), then they tell you that you need to pay for the original shipping to you (-$5) and the Q label (-$6.95). The amount you would have left is $21.31-$5-$6.95= $9.36. As another poster said, if Q gave you an additional $2.50 then they gave you a bonus.

Trusted Contributor

$11.95 is the correct amount to be deducted from your refund. The return fee using their label is $6.95 plus it cost them $5.00 to ship it to you. Its the way it is done now and has been for a while. It doesnt matter if the shipping cost was devided into two payments when you purchased.