Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 5/7-5/8 FASHION FOR MOM AND EVERYONE!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  No doubt about it....the "award" probably resulted from some MAJOR backscratching..as in I will rub your back with some GREEN if you give us just a wee mention ..(."follow the money" is what I always say.).....between this "recognition" and the annoying Q card popups I sniff something is up on the financial tote board....and a mere coincidence that this ties in at the same time as they announce results for 1st quarter....something to "dazzle" the stockholders perhapsl.lll       Smiley

As far as the Logo......the report of it's "death" has been greatly exaggerated.....perhaps the reported orbituary by Chawney Chew was just WISHFUL THINKING!!!--an attempt to motivate Logo fans to order it and get a sell out so she wouldn't have to present the stupid bag for a while  ---LOL!!!  

And I think I see a trend in insincere sales moments with many of Q's hosts these days.....how does one go to saying they are not a bagnista to "this bag changed my entire life"---Smiley Woman LOL  I think many of them are missing their call and need to head off to Gollywood where academy awards await!!! 

Yep, I bet the Q is feeling the crunch not just Dooney but many other lines as well---with LR's departure....jewelry, G.I.L.I and PM Style....glamour is dead in Westchester....

Have a good weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

On behalf of me and my flock, thanks for representing the birds, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Happy Moms Day to all as well...this is our first mom's day without our mom. She passed in January at 92. I'm not much on animals at all, but I took note of your cats as my mom loved her cat so much...she would have liked the pictures! Her poor cat is still wandering around looking for her! Even I felt bad for the cat!  Enjoy your day moms and grandmoms...best and hardest job in the world. Love your mom, spend as much time as you can with her, and get her to tell you all those family stories. We did and boy what a treasure trove of dna!

@bmorechick: l've been there. That first Mother's Day without your Mom is the toughest. Treasure the memories.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Spurt: Another wonderful effort, as always! I do have to say-- a weekend of fashion, even though it's always the same designers, is still better than vacuums, mattresses, exercise equipment, computers, Wen, Philosophy, and Nutrisystem. LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

Happy Moms Day to all as well...this is our first mom's day without our mom. She passed in January at 92. I'm not much on animals at all, but I took note of your cats as my mom loved her cat so much...she would have liked the pictures! Her poor cat is still wandering around looking for her! Even I felt bad for the cat!  Enjoy your day moms and grandmoms...best and hardest job in the world. Love your mom, spend as much time as you can with her, and get her to tell you all those family stories. We did and boy what a treasure trove of dna!

@bmorechick  So sorry to hear about your loss......my heart goes out to you ...moms are so special---they teach us not only practical skills, but also create those special moments and memories that we treasure all of our lives......and for some ---they are our special friends too and sorely missed when they pass on...

You are sooooooo right----cherish the time you have with them----

So sad about the kitty missing your mom--------

My mom passed a few years ago.....it was very sudden.  I miss her----- there always seems to be something that comes up each and every day that brings to mind something my mom said or did, we had many great times together.......so the beautiful memories live on.....

Take Care!

SPURT,  You are so right, my mother died 8 years ago of brain cancer and I think about her all the time, about things I want to tell her or show her.  I see things around my yard that she would do while I was at work.  I wish I could have talked to her more about our family since I am doing ancestry.com and am having to rely on her sister's memory to fill in some blanks.  Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to those who are still lucky enough to have theirs!

And I am so happy to see no sign of any of my pets, dog, cat or horse, in the pictures this weekend....and in honor of yesterday's Kentucky Derby, I watched Secretariat this morning.  His run in the Belmont still gives me chills to watch.  I had the honor and pleasure to see him in KY before he died.

I see zulily this morning has Cooks Essentials.  And I saw Breezies on there recently, along with Alegria and Vionic.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt: Another wonderful effort, as always! I do have to say-- a weekend of fashion, even though it's always the same designers, is still better than vacuums, mattresses, exercise equipment, computers, Wen, Philosophy, and Nutrisystem. LOL.

I agree with you @handygal2 and yet still... I didn't watch a minute of it yesterday and have no plans to watch today...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt... Yep, a certain amount of lily gilding has always been the norm around here, but lately, shew... you need hip boots and a vat of the pourri... to watch this tripe... Especially with certain hosts...

I have no idea and have virtually ceased to care what their quarterlies will show this time around...or how they will choose to spin them. I very occasionally will order something from my ever-dwindling wish list, and will even more occasionally see something on-line, and on exceedingly rare occasions, on-air, to tempt me, but all things considered, the Once Mighty is largely a thing of the past around my little piece of the Qwapital... High prices, high shipping and an utter lack of variety coupled with unwatchable programming and unnerving hosts will do that for you...

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

A Happy Mother's Day to all...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Spurt

On behalf of me and my flock, thanks for representing the birds, lol.

@Bird mama  Glad you liked the representation of the feathered friends Woman Very Happy

Since you are an expert in all things birds.....let me ask you a question....after a couple years of neglect I decided to resurrect my bird feeder......it all started when I noticed that a couple of sparrows had made a nest in one of my neighbor's missing bricks on his house......and also to provide some nourishment to the finches, blue jays, and my favorite the cardinals.....after a few days no bird has chosen to dine at the feeder....it is hanging in the boughs of a shady tree near my patio.....how long does it take the birdies to notice "free food"???????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

@bmorechick: l've been there. That first Mother's Day without your Mom is the toughest. Treasure the memories.

@handygal2  ---so true handy, so true......and those treasured memories help to get you through especially during the holidays....