Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 5/14-5/15 BEAUTY AND THE DULL BEAST!

@katiescarlett wrote:

SPURT, I see that Cocoa, aka Mr. Puff, has been at it again.  I am going to have to have a stern conversation with him, sending you pictures after I specifically told him to not do so.  And I would like to know whose pickup truck he is napping in!

Anyway, yet another boring weekend except for the shock at seeing Josie M.'s electric blue hair!! OMG!Woman Surprised Now, I see that on some of the undergraduate students, but it looked a bit silly on her.  I am sure some will say that was just her way of having fun.  Okay, I give her that, but I thought it looked ridiculous.

And, yet another dull Dell.  I wonder how many Dell TSV's that makes for this year.  I also see some additional QVC brands are popping up on zulily.

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE!!!  I guess Mr. Puff just wants his photo out in social media......perhaps he is hoping a talent scout discouvers him and TLC or Animal Planet offers him a reality show--- Woman Wink

I had to look at a video from the Saturday Show since I avoided QVC this weekend like the plague!!!!  WOW---blue hair!!!!   Smiley ....I'm not a fan of NEON HAIR!!!  It reminds me of the washable spray paint some use at Halloween or punk rock bands from the 70's .....Hey maybe JM is getting a band together.....Maybe she can resurrect Josie and the Kitty Cats....(had to use a different word due to meet censor approval). Although I DO prefer the cat ears over the vibrant hair color....Woman LOL

As for dull Dell.....it looks like Dell Days goes on for all eternity.....Since QVC's CEO is as a former Dell employee perhaps he made a too looooooooooong contract with his old company......Woman Tongue

I see TONS of coupon codes and promo codes and 30% off deals on Zulilly which is a heck a lot more of a discount than what the Q offers in terms of specials or featured prices on TV or on the Q's website...interesting......

Hope the weather is good in your area ....hugs to all your critters......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

So @Spurt splain to me Lucy... why they're calling this 'fashion day' when they're featuring 7+ hours of computers... Are they offering like dresses for computers or something like that...

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb  Why yes Stevie.....why it's the perfect compliment.Woman Very Happy..that way customers can post photos of themselves on social media wearing their new outfits......and I'm sure the host's FB pages are filled to the brim with examples!!! And that's an absolutely  BRILLIANT idea---picture it Graver, Logo, Isaac, WWC, D&C with outfits for the PCs, ipads, and tablets..... BOTH you and your PC wearing matching outfits......Woman Very Happy   And then even expand it....have the Logo Lock come with an option with a computer already built-in to the handbag.....complete with wifi connection ...now it might be a little heavy (and QVC can double their shipping rate---oh what fun) .....but think of the multi-tasking everyone will be able to accomplish!! Woman Very HappyWoman LOL

Happy Fashion Day! Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

Fun to read as always @Spurt.  I didn't watch any QVC this weekend.  I watched some of evine's fashion shows and some of JTV in between chores and fun on the weekend.  QVC's weekend program is a wasteland for me as a shopper. 

So on a Monday morning, here they have IM's TSV and a fashion day -- gee here I am back at work.  Oh well, shopping line is far less stressful as most of the time the presentations won't tell me anything more than I can find by hoping that the click here measurements are right.

I had stopped buying clothes from Q because of the sizing issues but recently I did order a H by Halston top that I really like and a dress and top from Linea.  All of those purchases were great.  On the flip side of that, I ordered a pair of skechers that I thought looked cute and the info on the description said fit is "true to size".  Oh so wrong.  Not even close.  Annoying and frustrating and expensive since they will need to go back.

thanks again for the fun and interesting post.  I look forward to it every week.

@GinaV24  Hi GINA!!! Yep, QVC is either a waste land or The Twilight Zone....take your pick.....

I do tune in to JTV from time to time.....made some purchases and was pleased with their products.  My cable company doesn't offer Evine...so haven't seen their version of fashion.....haven't checked out their website either....

Once in a BLUE MOON QVC WILL have a good deal on Sketchers or Rykas....even when adding with the shipping.....but for sizing, I usually go to my nearest Marshall's or Stein Mart and try on similar styles for sizing....I found that both brands run small I normally wear a 6M but have to buy a full size up, size 7M, for both Sketchers or Rykas....they seem to run small for me too....I want to know what sizes these customers are that write reviews that say they are true to size???????????????

And for the reasons you mentioned I rarely buy clothes from QVC..the host/vendor seem more focused on just the color of the item, rather than the quality and consistent sizing.....even the measurements on the website under CLICK HERE are inaccurate so they can't be trusted or they are missing altogether.....There are exceptions....I did purchase a blouse fro Linea and the quality was EXCELLENT, the sizing was PERFECT.....I think Louis takes care in what he brings to QVC....and they appear to be the exception, especially these days....I got tired of throwing money away on clothes with Q's "try on fee"....

Thank you for your nice comments and continued support! Have a great week!

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

SPURT, I see that Cocoa, aka Mr. Puff, has been at it again.  I am going to have to have a stern conversation with him, sending you pictures after I specifically told him to not do so.  And I would like to know whose pickup truck he is napping in!

Anyway, yet another boring weekend except for the shock at seeing Josie M.'s electric blue hair!! OMG!Woman Surprised Now, I see that on some of the undergraduate students, but it looked a bit silly on her.  I am sure some will say that was just her way of having fun.  Okay, I give her that, but I thought it looked ridiculous.

And, yet another dull Dell.  I wonder how many Dell TSV's that makes for this year.  I also see some additional QVC brands are popping up on zulily.

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE!!!  I guess Mr. Puff just wants his photo out in social media......perhaps he is hoping a talent scout discouvers him and TLC or Animal Planet offers him a reality show--- Woman Wink

I had to look at a video from the Saturday Show since I avoided QVC this weekend like the plague!!!!  WOW---blue hair!!!!   Smiley ....I'm not a fan of NEON HAIR!!!  It reminds me of the washable spray paint some use at Halloween or punk rock bands from the 70's .....Hey maybe JM is getting a band together.....Maybe she can resurrect Josie and the Kitty Cats....(had to use a different word due to meet censor approval). Although I DO prefer the cat ears over the vibrant hair color....Woman LOL

As for dull Dell.....it looks like Dell Days goes on for all eternity.....Since QVC's CEO is as a former Dell employee perhaps he made a too looooooooooong contract with his old company......Woman Tongue

I see TONS of coupon codes and promo codes and 30% off deals on Zulilly which is a heck a lot more of a discount than what the Q offers in terms of specials or featured prices on TV or on the Q's website...interesting......

Hope the weather is good in your area ....hugs to all your critters......

Hey SPURT,

I think Mr. Puff is going for the sympathy vote.  He can say he was going to be euthanized, and look how handsome he is, etc. etc., with no mention that I saved him at the 11th hour from death row!  But he can look real pathetic if he needs to.  Sometimes he gets a goofy look and I can't help but laugh.  He was an owner surrender because the wife did not like him any more and the shelter was going to euthanize him immediately but gave him a few days reprieve.  When no one adopted him, I stepped in when I saw his photo and adopted him just before he was going to be murdered.

I see Denim and Co. is going to be on zulily tomorrow.   Louis D'Ollio was on the other day.  I wonder if the stuff we see on zulily are leftovers?

Yeah, I caught sight of the blue hair when I checked in to see what the TSV was, and I was wide awake all night after seeing it!

Weather here IS gorgeous, not humid, nice breeze, getting ready to go for a walk around campus. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So @Spurt splain to me Lucy... why they're calling this 'fashion day' when they're featuring 7+ hours of computers... Are they offering like dresses for computers or something like that...

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb  Why yes Stevie.....why it's the perfect compliment.Woman Very Happy..that way customers can post photos of themselves on social media wearing their new outfits......and I'm sure the host's FB pages are filled to the brim with examples!!! And that's an absolutely  BRILLIANT idea---picture it Graver, Logo, Isaac, WWC, D&C with outfits for the PCs, ipads, and tablets..... BOTH you and your PC wearing matching outfits......Woman Very Happy   And then even expand it....have the Logo Lock come with an option with a computer already built-in to the handbag.....complete with wifi connection ...now it might be a little heavy (and QVC can double their shipping rate---oh what fun) .....but think of the multi-tasking everyone will be able to accomplish!! Woman Very HappyWoman LOL

Happy Fashion Day! Woman Wink

@Spurt A little heavy...  Cripes, it's probably already like carrying around a cinder block...

Woman Surprised

I do so hope the Queen of Hearts gets in on the act... Just think of it, a line of PC inspired jewelry... Why, I'd just love to have a necklace the size of a keyboard... I do so hope it's gold plated and nicely accented with Diamonique...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@Spurt Love, love, love what you did! Must have taken you forever to put this all together. Kuddos to you and your sense of humor! Well done! Smiley LOL

I have no idea what you do when you are not being creative, but you are one very talented person!

@World Traveler  Hi World Trveler.  I can't take all the credit, QVC's dull lineup practically writes itself---LOL!!!  

@Spurt That's funny!

You do realize, don't you, that now that I am aware of your skill and expertise, I will expect nothing less in a future thread from you than something that proves to be totally, over the top, creative in every way!

Oh.....the pressure of being good at something! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Why of course, what would be better than the Queen Of Hearts fake gem and diamond encrusted PC  along with matching accessories (necklaces, bracelets, and earrings) for the computer operator----definitely something that is A MUST HAVE for those that live in The Hamptons or merely lunch there.....Woman Very Happy

Be careful what you wish for spring follows summer which looks like neither of us is looking forward to.... .....the heat and humidty will soon be here!!!  Woman Tongue  thankfully the rain has kept us a bit cool---and we didn't get the flooding that other parts of Teas have already experienced...BUT there is supposed to be a real bad storm coming here tonight---high wind, thunder, lightning, and more hail...in addition to more rain....and meteorologist on duty throughout the night to keep us "informed"....but you know how accurate they are...Woman TongueWoman Embarassed  There have been a couple nights of all thunder and lightning and nary a drop.....it did scare my kitties though---on one of my cats, the hair on her head stuck straight up she was so frightened....poor baby, I did my best to comfort her .....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@Spurt Love, love, love what you did! Must have taken you forever to put this all together. Kuddos to you and your sense of humor! Well done! Smiley LOL

I have no idea what you do when you are not being creative, but you are one very talented person!

@World Traveler  Hi World Trveler.  I can't take all the credit, QVC's dull lineup practically writes itself---LOL!!!  

@Spurt That's funny!

You do realize, don't you, that now that I am aware of your skill and expertise, I will expect nothing less in a future thread from you than something that proves to be totally, over the top, creative in every way!

Oh.....the pressure of being good at something! Smiley Very Happy

@World Traveler Oh No.....the pressure is on....

Smiley

Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

I think Mr. Puff is going for the sympathy vote.  He can say he was going to be euthanized, and look how handsome he is, etc. etc., with no mention that I saved him at the 11th hour from death row!  But he can look real pathetic if he needs to.  Sometimes he gets a goofy look and I can't help but laugh.  He was an owner surrender because the wife did not like him any more and the shelter was going to euthanize him immediately but gave him a few days reprieve.  When no one adopted him, I stepped in when I saw his photo and adopted him just before he was going to be murdered.

I see Denim and Co. is going to be on zulily tomorrow.   Louis D'Ollio was on the other day.  I wonder if the stuff we see on zulily are leftovers?

Yeah, I caught sight of the blue hair when I checked in to see what the TSV was, and I was wide awake all night after seeing it!

Weather here IS gorgeous, not humid, nice breeze, getting ready to go for a walk around campus. 

@katiescarlett Katie, I'm so glad you rescued Mr. Puff from being euthanized.....it's such a sad situation and I'm happy there are animal lovers like you that step up and give these animals a forever home.....Heart   Big hug to Mr. Puff!

It makes me so angry when folks causally get a pet without considering this is a 20 year commitment---- then if it doesn't work out they don't care if the pet gets euthanized or they dump it somewhere or leave it behind if they move and just let the animal fend for itself.....!!!!  

Smiley

There is a yellow lab here that won the hearts of people in our city....someone threw him in a huge dumpster filled with trash....he was a couple hours from death when someone heard him crying and called Animal Services....they rescued him and  immediately gave him IV's (he was so dehydrated they didn't know if he would make it) and administered other medication. ...so many people called the station asking about him they did a follow up story..He is with a rescue group now and they did a video and he looks so happy now and surprisingly still trusts and loves people.....he is making a nice recovery, although he has a health issue resulting from the incident, so it will be a while before he is a ready for adoption, but tons of people have offered to adopt him.....It just makes me so angry whoever did this should be boiled in oil!!! 

Enjoy your goregeous weather.....