Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 12/10-12/11-HOMEDICS AND QVC BROUGHT BACK WHAT?

Hey SPURT, I think this is your best collection of photos yet!  The dog pics are a hoot. I especially like the two pups in the pajamas and the one in the little ducky slippers.  BUT....that Mr. Puff has been at it again, I see.  Sending you a picture of himself in a Santa hat and wreath.  He claims that is really his evil twin.  HA!  He can't fool me.  The picture of the dog staring at the plate of cookies reminds me of my late dog, Dolly, who I rescued from the side of the road as a 4lb, mangy pup - I LOVED that dog, she was a 35lb black and tan mix who was my best bud.  Anyway, I had a Christmas party and a friend came in from the dining room to tell me that Dolly had just helped herself to a plate of cookies off the table.

Anyway, a particularly awful few days with WEN, computers, and the back thingy.  And where did David get that huge Le Creuset  mug??!! 

It is really C O L D here!  I have really low tolerance for cold weather - there is a reason I live in the South.  Glad my lesson was cancelled because some of my fellow riders are in a show in Aiken.  They are going to freeze!  Riding is supposed to be fun!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

@GinaV24  very true about the supersized containers: when one buys a gallon jug of Purity, you don't need to replenish in 3 months. I will give a practical present if I know it's wanted, but otherwise dusters and flashlights are on my housekeeping list, not gift list. I am not interested in watching a demo of how to clean a ceiling fan.

The link SPURT provided also talks about how the presentations emphasize where and how to wear clothing or use things. Up to a point I can see this boosting sales, but the hosts often veer into the description of appropriate outfits for every mundane event like walking the dog or a once-a-year outing at a pumpkin patch where one is to have a special shirt and the correct pants, boots, and barn jacket. I have never felt compelled to buy a top so I can pick a pumpkin.

Jane T can get on a roll describing where to wear a top and will have you picture yourself as the star of the PTA cupcake party, on a carriage ride in Central Park, and at the ballet, and in the middle of this dialogue throw in a reference to the upcoming Dyson TSV and a family dance recital, all delivered at a speed talking pace without taking a breath or pause. And she is not alone. If this is a good selling tactic, I am definitely not the norm. I got winded just writing this...lol.

@SunValley

Yes, the "pumpkin patch pickin" and the MUST HAVE appropriate outfit (and don't forget the matching handbag) is a QVC classic---to me fall hasn't truly arrived until I hear the QVC hosts say those "magic words"---LOL!!! 

I think instead of what "events" you can wear outfits to---it would be more informative if they explained what goes with what as far as complimentary colors, textures of fabric that go together and why something was chosen to put the outfit together rather than hearing about the PTA, Christmas Party, date night, lunch with friends, and of course the infamous pumpkin patch etc etc......

And yes Jane T always puts her own special spin on things......makes me tired just thinking about it...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, I think this is your best collection of photos yet!  The dog pics are a hoot. I especially like the two pups in the pajamas and the one in the little ducky slippers.  BUT....that Mr. Puff has been at it again, I see.  Sending you a picture of himself in a Santa hat and wreath.  He claims that is really his evil twin.  HA!  He can't fool me.  The picture of the dog staring at the plate of cookies reminds me of my late dog, Dolly, who I rescued from the side of the road as a 4lb, mangy pup - I LOVED that dog, she was a 35lb black and tan mix who was my best bud.  Anyway, I had a Christmas party and a friend came in from the dining room to tell me that Dolly had just helped herself to a plate of cookies off the table.

Anyway, a particularly awful few days with WEN, computers, and the back thingy.  And where did David get that huge Le Creuset  mug??!! 

It is really C O L D here!  I have really low tolerance for cold weather - there is a reason I live in the South.  Glad my lesson was cancelled because some of my fellow riders are in a show in Aiken.  They are going to freeze!  Riding is supposed to be fun!

@katiescarlett

I agree those dogs are the "cat's pajamas"---LOL!!!!

That is so funny about Dolly and the plate of cookies.....Cat LOL

Yep, Mr. Puff sent the photo to try to kiss up to Santa Download animals 11

Some people don't like the cold weather here too, but me personally I love it....of course our temps are in the 30's and 40's and 50's compared to the MINUS 30,40,and 50's where some of my relatives live in the northeast......that is a bit TOO COLD for me, I'll happily take our Texas "winters"....... 

Gather up your dogs and cozy up with a warm blanket and some soup and/or tea or hot cocoa and stay indoors.......put in a movie or read a book---I know you definitely won't be tuning in to QVC's absolutely AWFUL programming---!  It was supposed to be AM STYLES special gift show because AM STYLE won't be shown the next couple of weeks and what was it---all the same ole things they have shown week after week---Graver's infamous liquid knit tops and road kill jacket, Lisa Rinna's I dream Of Jeannie pants, Josie Maran (she must live in the QVC Green Room), Kathleen Kirkwood's D. Tracy's, skinny tees, styling iron, Breezies (buy everyone in the office a bra for a gift)....and of course Clarisonic (which you can see all over town in Department Stores)....! Download sleeping 1Download sleeping 18  I got fed up and turned the channel.....it looks like the Q is merely trying to clear their warehouses.....

Have a good weekend KATIE! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@GinaV24  very true about the supersized containers: when one buys a gallon jug of Purity, you don't need to replenish in 3 months. I will give a practical present if I know it's wanted, but otherwise dusters and flashlights are on my housekeeping list, not gift list. I am not interested in watching a demo of how to clean a ceiling fan.

The link SPURT provided also talks about how the presentations emphasize where and how to wear clothing or use things. Up to a point I can see this boosting sales, but the hosts often veer into the description of appropriate outfits for every mundane event like walking the dog or a once-a-year outing at a pumpkin patch where one is to have a special shirt and the correct pants, boots, and barn jacket. I have never felt compelled to buy a top so I can pick a pumpkin.

Jane T can get on a roll describing where to wear a top and will have you picture yourself as the star of the PTA cupcake party, on a carriage ride in Central Park, and at the ballet, and in the middle of this dialogue throw in a reference to the upcoming Dyson TSV and a family dance recital, all delivered at a speed talking pace without taking a breath or pause. And she is not alone. If this is a good selling tactic, I am definitely not the norm. I got winded just writing this...lol.

@SunValley

Yes, the "pumpkin patch pickin" and the MUST HAVE appropriate outfit (and don't forget the matching handbag) is a QVC classic---to me fall hasn't truly arrived until I hear the QVC hosts say those "magic words"---LOL!!! 

I think instead of what "events" you can wear outfits to---it would be more informative if they explained what goes with what as far as complimentary colors, textures of fabric that go together and why something was chosen to put the outfit together rather than hearing about the PTA, Christmas Party, date night, lunch with friends, and of course the infamous pumpkin patch etc etc......

And yes Jane T always puts her own special spin on things......makes me tired just thinking about it...

SPURT, the other "magic words" are how many of the DB bags, gallons of WEN or Philosphy, JM argan oil, etc. one needs to buy for teacher gifts, people at the bus stop, person who does your nails, the trash guys, etc.   I give to my dog vet, my horse vet, and my horseshoer because they are very important people in my life, and almost irreplaceable  (especially a reliable horseshoer!), but that is it!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@katiescarlett

I agree those dogs are the "cat's pajamas"---LOL!!!!

That is so funny about Dolly and the plate of cookies.....Cat LOL

Yep, Mr. Puff sent the photo to try to kiss up to Santa Download animals 11

Some people don't like the cold weather here too, but me personally I love it....of course our temps are in the 30's and 40's and 50's compared to the MINUS 30,40,and 50's where some of my relatives live in the northeast......that is a bit TOO COLD for me, I'll happily take our Texas "winters"....... 

Gather up your dogs and cozy up with a warm blanket and some soup and/or tea or hot cocoa and stay indoors.......put in a movie or read a book---I know you definitely won't be tuning in to QVC's absolutely AWFUL programming---!  It was supposed to be AM STYLES special gift show because AM STYLE won't be shown the next couple of weeks and what was it---all the same ole things they have shown week after week---Graver's infamous liquid knit tops and road kill jacket, Lisa Rinna's I dream Of Jeannie pants, Josie Maran (she must live in the QVC Green Room), Kathleen Kirkwood's D. Tracy's, skinny tees, styling iron, Breezies (buy everyone in the office a bra for a gift)....and of course Clarisonic (which you can see all over town in Department Stores)....! Download sleeping 1Download sleeping 18  I got fed up and turned the channel.....it looks like the Q is merely trying to clear their warehouses.....

Have a good weekend KATIE! Woman Very Happy

Yep, I guess the temps are all relative. I  think the 30's and 40's are coldWoman Tongue, while my friend in Cape Cod and my former roommate in upstate NY think the 40's are downright balmy. 

I was looking online at what Lori G had on last night and a lot of the items do not have very good reviews. 

I will take your advice and get some Charleston Tea Plantation Earl Grey or Charleston Breakfast tea brewing.  I am going to make some butternut squash soup this weekend, so I should be set!  And I may allow myself one Trader Joe's chocolate covered peppermint JoJo cookie.....HeartAnd I have some good books I downloaded from the library to my NOOK yesterday.

Have a good weekend yourself!

Richard C. Call
Trusted Contributor

Well, Spurt, I'm making a mental note of your post because it is my all time FAVORITE and replaces a rather heartwarming one from someone else a while back.

You, dear, are a hoot.

Thanks for the laugh this cold December morning.

dee

@Spurt wrote:
Hello Folks!!!

Well it's getting closer to Santa Time!!! 

Image result for cats in pajamas

Image result for cats in pajamas    Image result for dogs in pajamasImage result for cats in pajamasImage result for cats in pajamas       Image result for dogs in christmas pajamas

Image result for dogs in pajamas  

Let's check in with some holiday pets....
Image result for dogs with christmas gifts     Related image

Related image  Image result for cats with christmas gifts

And that wraps it up for Saturday.......

Image result for cats being wrapped

(TWO OF MY FAVS, BTW)
There's also SUNDAYS WITH CAROLYN & DAN for your viewing pleasure......

Image result for dogs eating cookies

Image result for dogs and christmas cookies  

More QVC "fun" with COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS ....keep track of how many days until Christmas with an Advent Calendar....

Image result for real cat advent calendar

Image result for chocolate lab dressed as santa

Trusted Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

In all seriousness folks, my HG at this point would be the return of the useful tape measure and ruler, in addition to care instructions & better descriptions of said item's "fabrication".

Its not rocket science (or is it Woman Wink)

dee

Super Contributor

You are so right. Gals, start shopping on HSN or go back there. This channel has become a breath of fresh air and fun! 

Daisy Fuentes I fashions are wonderful! Logo has had its day, also SG, Denim and co, should I go on???

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Kachina624 I'm with you on having broken the QVC habit as well.  I check online but seldom switch to the channel - especially not during the holiday selling season.  For whatever reason, their management seems oblivious or maybe they just don't care about lost viewers.

Same here.  I didn't buy even one Christmas gift from QVC.  I did order the Keurig and hope it isn't as cheaply made as some reviews are saying.   I'm buying cosmetics elsewhere now too.  Always get free shipping and even the high-end dept. stores have sales and/or free gifts with purchase.     Can't believe that the best they could do for a TSV today is the Homedics item.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Purr-fection as usual. This was my favorite so far! Here's one for you. 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄IMG_2179.JPG