Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 10/10-10/11, GIFTS GIFTS GIFTS & A DAY OF DULLNESS!

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Wasn't there a mattress all last Saturday or Sunday? 

@jackthebear  Hi JACKTHEBEAR----  QVC has a new mantra---Repitition makes the heart grow fonder!!!Woman WinkWoman LOL

Hey SPURT, if the is the new mantra of QVC, it has not made my heart grow fonder!  But it has definitely made my bank account grow fatter because I am not spending ANY money at QVC, have not in months.  I think the only things I will buy this year are the wreaths I give my elderly aunt and to my dog vet's office.  I don't even check the program guide on DirecTV, because I know it will be the same old stuff.  And I would never buy a mattress off tv!

Anyway, things still bad here, worked only one day last week because the Univ. was closed so as not to stress out the fragile infrastructure and water plant.  We have no way to boil it in our kitchen, so I brought water from home.  Several friends lost their homes, and one of them lost one of her blind kitties to drowning (friend was in CT at the time).  Classes start again Monday but we are still under a boil water advisory.  I feel lucky out on the farm, but to add to the misery of those in town, it poured today and tonight.  Vanderbilt Univ. sent semis full of supplies to the Univ., HSUS is here to help the animals, one of the no-kill shelters is offering emergency fostering for displaced pets.  It becomes like a puzzle, trying to figure out how to get places when so many roads are washed out.

But the dogs, barn kitties and horses are fine, although the horses are sloshing through the small "ponds" out in the pastures. 

@katiescarlett  I'm so glad to hear that you and your animals are still okay and remain  safe!!.  But OMG  please please be careful while driving into work----the film they showed on the news of the washed out roads looked dangerous.  I hope the rain and water subside so they can get crews out there to help the people and get repairs started.  I'm happy to learn that someone is helping the displaced pets too...... And having to boiling water doesn't sound very good either!!!  STAY SAFE!

And as for your thoughts on the Q---I admit I did buy Valerie's kitties with sweaters as a gift, and a pair of earrings from Or Paz....but that's about it!!!  And I concur, who would buy a mattress or a major appliance from QVC....(they are available online).....I realize some people might live in rural areas, but there are other stores that allow you to make an online mattress or appliance purchase and deliver them too (and they specialize in these products)---I don't understand this diehard loyalty to QVC, when apparently they haven't shown it to long time customers.....

Things are a bit back to normal but still under a boil water advisory for a few more days at the University.  Can you imagine that someone went to EVERY bathroom on campus and put up signs to conserve water and to not drink the water?!  I cannot even imagine how many that is!  It is still a challenge getting around - I had to drop one of the dogs off at the vet yesterday and it was a total mess getting to work as one of the main arteries across the river was shut down.   But the pond is finnaly gone from my pasture but my road is total slop and completely rutted (it is dirt) almost to the point of being impassable.  I think I will call the county although I am sure they are slammed with fixing roads. 

So, I guess you heard our coach decided to retire mid-season, very shocking.  I think a lot of people thought he would retire at the end of the season but not in the middle!

So, I see we are being "blessed" with an entire day of that high quality and fine stoneware known as Temp-tations.  Wonder what new and exciting pieces will be offered??!!   TP?  Paper towels?  Sheets and pillowcases?  Floor mats for our vehicles??  Sofa and chair covers?  Rugs for the floors? Christmas ornaments for the Temp-tations tree?  Wonder how it will dominate ITKWD - there is usually a ton of it on the show.   I will stick with my USA-made Pyrex and Corningware....Some of the pieces are at least 40+ years old and still look and work great.

Glad things are improving @katiescarlett. What a mess. Let's hope no more hurricanes blow up the coast before the season ends in November.

I hadn't heard that Spurrier retired. I guess his reign has been a mixed bag since his early successes at Florida, but he surely did raise the program at SC... I can only wish the Virginia coach would retire or get the boot he so richly deserves. In five years he's done nothing to improve that program. In fact, I think they're worse than they've ever been. I can't imagine the vocal alumni sitting still for his contract extensions much longer...

Wednesday has become as bad as Sunday, what with the incessant focus on kitchen and food, and as soon as I saw the TSV was to be yet another item from Temptations, I knew you'd be excited... I keep waiting for them to come out with Poo pourri dispensers in the Old World pattern, featuring all the colors, of course.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Well, now stevieb, I did not even think about TT Poo-Pourri dispensers!  What a great idea (not!).   You would think I would like to watch the cooking shows as I love kitchen gadgets (and stores like Sur la Table), but the Q's shows are so painfully boring and repetitive that I don't watch any more.  Over-priced food, TT, IMTAB, FoodSaver, etc.  I only check online to see if an interesting cookbook will be offered and then watch the presentation video later if it is a book in which I might be interested.  It might be, as DV says, JUST CRAZY GOOD!  haha

Maybe there can be a TT IMTAB or KitchenAid mixer, but then they would have to made in China and not the US.

Good news, boil water advisory lifted for the entire city!  WOOHOO!

Well, Spurrier has done much better than  any coach in the past umpteen years, and we have certainly had some big names during that period, Lou Holtz, Joe Morrison, etc. who did not do as well as Spurrier.  Last year we slipped, and this year, too, but we cannot deny he has done wonders for the program overall.   He is supposed to be on ESPN Sat.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's so exciting, @Spurt @katiescarlett, the new line is to be called Poo-tations... They considered Tem-pourri, but it just didn't have the same elan...

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yes, it's so exciting, @Spurt @katiescarlett, the new line is to be called Poo-tations... They considered Tem-pourri, but it just didn't have the same elan...

Woman Wink

Yes, I agree, Tem-pourri just does not have the same cachet as Poo-tations.

I would also like to suggest TT scrub daddy......which do you like better, Temp-daddy or scrub-tations? 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Wink

Yes, I agree, Tem-pourri just does not have the same cachet as Poo-tations.

I would also like to suggest TT scrub daddy......which do you like better, Temp-daddy or scrub-tations? 

What I'd like better is a whole lot less Temptations (and pretty much everything else they over-do, which is to say just about everything...) in the first place !!

Woman Wink

If I have to choose, though, I'd go with Temp-daddy...

Respected Contributor

I beg you ladies, please stop giving the vendors these inspirations for new TT and poo items! They will insist we can store the temp-daddy in the same TT holder that we bake an apple in. Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Wink

@stevieb---STEVIE ---ROFL---POO-TATIONS!!!---My side hurts from laughing!!! Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLBUT I agree with @SunValley QUIT GIVING THE Q IDEAS!!!--Woman Wink  Has anyone contacted you about the fake crystal poo holders from last year----Seriously I think the Q should hire you someone with TRUE creativity and imagination would do them worlds of good....!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Wasn't there a mattress all last Saturday or Sunday? 

@jackthebear  Hi JACKTHEBEAR----  QVC has a new mantra---Repitition makes the heart grow fonder!!!Woman WinkWoman LOL

Hey SPURT, if the is the new mantra of QVC, it has not made my heart grow fonder!  But it has definitely made my bank account grow fatter because I am not spending ANY money at QVC, have not in months.  I think the only things I will buy this year are the wreaths I give my elderly aunt and to my dog vet's office.  I don't even check the program guide on DirecTV, because I know it will be the same old stuff.  And I would never buy a mattress off tv!

Anyway, things still bad here, worked only one day last week because the Univ. was closed so as not to stress out the fragile infrastructure and water plant.  We have no way to boil it in our kitchen, so I brought water from home.  Several friends lost their homes, and one of them lost one of her blind kitties to drowning (friend was in CT at the time).  Classes start again Monday but we are still under a boil water advisory.  I feel lucky out on the farm, but to add to the misery of those in town, it poured today and tonight.  Vanderbilt Univ. sent semis full of supplies to the Univ., HSUS is here to help the animals, one of the no-kill shelters is offering emergency fostering for displaced pets.  It becomes like a puzzle, trying to figure out how to get places when so many roads are washed out.

But the dogs, barn kitties and horses are fine, although the horses are sloshing through the small "ponds" out in the pastures. 

@katiescarlett  I'm so glad to hear that you and your animals are still okay and remain  safe!!.  But OMG  please please be careful while driving into work----the film they showed on the news of the washed out roads looked dangerous.  I hope the rain and water subside so they can get crews out there to help the people and get repairs started.  I'm happy to learn that someone is helping the displaced pets too...... And having to boiling water doesn't sound very good either!!!  STAY SAFE!

And as for your thoughts on the Q---I admit I did buy Valerie's kitties with sweaters as a gift, and a pair of earrings from Or Paz....but that's about it!!!  And I concur, who would buy a mattress or a major appliance from QVC....(they are available online).....I realize some people might live in rural areas, but there are other stores that allow you to make an online mattress or appliance purchase and deliver them too (and they specialize in these products)---I don't understand this diehard loyalty to QVC, when apparently they haven't shown it to long time customers.....

Things are a bit back to normal but still under a boil water advisory for a few more days at the University.  Can you imagine that someone went to EVERY bathroom on campus and put up signs to conserve water and to not drink the water?!  I cannot even imagine how many that is!  It is still a challenge getting around - I had to drop one of the dogs off at the vet yesterday and it was a total mess getting to work as one of the main arteries across the river was shut down.   But the pond is finnaly gone from my pasture but my road is total slop and completely rutted (it is dirt) almost to the point of being impassable.  I think I will call the county although I am sure they are slammed with fixing roads. 

So, I guess you heard our coach decided to retire mid-season, very shocking.  I think a lot of people thought he would retire at the end of the season but not in the middle!

So, I see we are being "blessed" with an entire day of that high quality and fine stoneware known as Temp-tations.  Wonder what new and exciting pieces will be offered??!!   TP?  Paper towels?  Sheets and pillowcases?  Floor mats for our vehicles??  Sofa and chair covers?  Rugs for the floors? Christmas ornaments for the Temp-tations tree?  Wonder how it will dominate ITKWD - there is usually a ton of it on the show.   I will stick with my USA-made Pyrex and Corningware....Some of the pieces are at least 40+ years old and still look and work great.

Glad things are improving @katiescarlett. What a mess. Let's hope no more hurricanes blow up the coast before the season ends in November.

I hadn't heard that Spurrier retired. I guess his reign has been a mixed bag since his early successes at Florida, but he surely did raise the program at SC... I can only wish the Virginia coach would retire or get the boot he so richly deserves. In five years he's done nothing to improve that program. In fact, I think they're worse than they've ever been. I can't imagine the vocal alumni sitting still for his contract extensions much longer...

Wednesday has become as bad as Sunday, what with the incessant focus on kitchen and food, and as soon as I saw the TSV was to be yet another item from Temptations, I knew you'd be excited... I keep waiting for them to come out with Poo pourri dispensers in the Old World pattern, featuring all the colors, of course.

@katiescarlett @stevieb Well I'm so happy to hear that your area no longer has to boil water---a step towards "normalcy".  Glad the pond is gone, but sorry about your road being a big sloppy mess.....please be careful while driving.....hope they get the rest of the repairs (roads and everything else) finished quickly! 

That WAS a shock about Spurrier deciding to leave during the season.......but he is set for life with all that money he got from the Redskin's owner, Dan Snyder, and he did NOTHING for my Redskins...I heard he spent most of his time in DC not at Redskin Park, but on the golf course---LOL!!  But he did have a good career in the college ranks!....WOW, ESPN didn't waste any time grabbing him up either.....  Good luck finding a new coach......

Everyone was calling for the axe of Charlie Strong, Univ Of Texas Coach, they have a very vocal alumni and one of them was our own Red McCombs (former owner of the Spurs and for a minute time, the NFL Vikings, he has a lot of clout and was totally against Strong's hiring)....but it was nice to see his team rally around him and pull an upset and beat OSU!!!  That's a big game and a big rivalry played on neutral territory...they play at Dallas and tear it up---LOL!!! 

QVC has destroyed the kitchen shows---they used to have some really nice and unique kitchen gadgets---and my kitchen is filled with many of them and I used them all the time, but now it's nothing but Temp-tations, Blenders, Kitchen Aid, Ninja, pressure cooker, the food chopper, or overpriced prepared food---ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!  And yes KS Tara has already come out with ornaments......(ROLLING EYES).....I'm waiting for the Temp-tations toilet seat cover and matching toilet brush in the old world pattern with matching shower curtain.....Woman LOLWoman Wink

Take care KS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Wink

@stevieb---STEVIE ---ROFL---POO-TATIONS!!!---My side hurts from laughing!!! Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLBUT I agree with @SunValley QUIT GIVING THE Q IDEAS!!!--Woman Wink  Has anyone contacted you about the fake crystal poo holders from last year----Seriously I think the Q should hire you someone with TRUE creativity and imagination would do them worlds of good....!!!

But, SPURT! If we don't keep giving Tara ideas, she is going to run out of things to make in Old World in the myriad of colors!  (sadly, not).

I am surprised we don't have Poo-Pourri-inspired candles! in TT holders, no less.   Maybe partner with VPH for those.  And mercury TT!  VPH could definitely help with that!

Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Wink

Awwwww @Spurt, but for the return of moms... I know by now she would have recognized my genius...

Woman Wink