Super Contributor

Recently closed my Q card after many years. I find something funny about the time it takes for returns to be processed back to the card for credit. I returned three items, different packages for return and they sent all three back to me. Immediately contacted CS and was taken care of. Now they have had the returns for quite a while and still have not credited my card for a second billing cycle.  I closed my account because I have lost all trust on how this is all handled. Anyone else have had similar issues and feel something funny going on.(like maybe paying interest charge fees)!

Contributor

I also closed my Q card after a poorly handled return.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm about to close  mine over shipping.

.........and now it has gotten even worse with the Covid virus excuse!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious as to what you ladies mean by "closing" it. Can't a person just never ever use it again. Or cut it in half and toss it out?

Honored Contributor
You should call the bank (Synchrony is it?) Teoo them you want to close the account (make sure the balance is paid off) and ask for
Confirmation on writing that it is closed. This can affect your credtvrating, esp if you've has the card a long time as I have, bit IMO it is better than having an open account sitting around that someone can start using.

Sometimes a bank will make you close an inactive account, almost always with adequate warning to use it or you'll lose it.
Honored Contributor

Why would they ever return items?  I've read you can send something back past the 30 days and all you lose is your shipping.  Under the new system you lose it anyway.

Super Contributor

It was in error that they sent all three of the same items back to me. All in new packaging and different sizes....and no I did not make a mistake on the return slip. Just an misfortunate mistake with consequences for me not QVC. QVC should have immediately credited my account because it was their error, and they did not.  This is why I closed my account. Now if they do not credit my visa in a reasonable amount of time I will have it investigated. This event really made me angry.

Honored Contributor

Closing your QVC credit card or any credit card will more than likely drop your credit score.  It doesn't affect QVC at all.

Super Contributor

I have plenty of credit so do noI need the card for that purpose.  I just do not need the card for any reason and it stops me from using it. These days I only use one card anyway and keep better track of my expenses and fraudulent charges...plus with a card that gives you points I receive a nice check at the end of the year. 😁

Esteemed Contributor

I wish I could give @San Antonio Gal more than one star!   

You can just stop using your QCard, or any credit card.  If you cancel it, it will ding your credit rating.  

I've had a QCard since the dawn of QVC.  Back then it was a "membership card" and you had to give your member number to place an order over the phone.  I use my Visa card to place an order on QVC (only 9.99% interest rate - what's the interest rate on that QCard?).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt