Valued Contributor

Yes, exactly.  No "i".

Honored Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

Yes, exactly.  No "i".

@Magicrat  I've never heard the pronunciation that way. I will continue to prounce as always. 

Super Contributor

The word that bugs me is......Water.  I've heard people say WARTER...... There is no R in water!

Respected Contributor

Pet peeve....when did black become 2 syllables......

baa - lack!

Frequent Contributor
may be a regional thing I don't know... I was just watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team and the gal is from Texas and saying importnt (no Ant just nt
Valued Contributor

I am a stickler for proper pronounciation.    The past few years, I have noticed "t"'s being droipped,  For example "This is imporant" instead of "This is important."  I really dislike when "a"'s are added to the end of words, and this is usually done by the young.  Like when saying "This is so good-a." What is that?  I guess trying to sound cute.  There is a host on QVC who speaks like this all the time.  

I haven't read other replies, so sorry if those have been mentioned.

This isn't about pronounciation, but how about when people say "Me and him."  "Me and my husband."  What is that?   It hurts my ears.  I doubt proper grammar is even taught these days and when used, it sounds old-fashioned.

Super Contributor

Re: Pronounce Properly

[ Edited ]

Also...pronounce the "t"s in button, cotton etc...

That may be regional, But people were taught, in the past, to drop the regional accents and practice speaking without an accent in public speech!

Occasional Contributor

Here are some pronunciations that are family favorites that our mother used to say. She grew up in Alaska in the 30s - 40s, and would call batteries, 'bat-trees' and instead of saying, "Let go," she would say, "Leave go." Zucchini was 'sue-cchini.' Her parents were from New York and New Jersey, so I'm not sure if they had any influence on her pronunciations, but we always got a kick out of how she said those particular words. My NYC grandmother would say "win-der" for window, "pill-er" for pillow, etc.  I loved her accent!

Respected Contributor

TSV in March coming up....Le Crueset of some sort..

A whole day of LA Croosay.

LA Croooosay.

Please hosts you have about two weeks to learn how to pronounce the name of a product you've sold for YEARS.

It is NOT ...LA Crooooosay!!!!!