Respected Contributor

Weeks ago I returned a Dooney & Bourke handbag.  It was never opened, touched or used, it was just too large so I repacked it and used the prepaid Q return label.  I dropped it at my local post office and was instructed to deposit the box in a certain location.  I was not offered a receipt, it seems they had changed the way they were handling customers due to COVID and things with labels had to just be put in a certain spot and you were expected to walk away.

Well they never scanned it and I keep getting charged for it, even though I sent it out weeks and weeks ago. I don't know what to do, I'm out all this money for something I don't even have and live chat was no help, they just said the would "research" it, which can't mean anything since they have the same info I do, a return tracking # that doesn't track.  I am so upset!  What to do.  They will keep charging me every month now for this thing.  I so regret making this purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I have had something similar happen a few times at both the post office and UPS.  Unfortunately the issue is with the post office and not QVC.

You should file a claim / complaint with the post office.  Although you don't have a receipt, the time and date may help.  

best of luck 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

This is how our P.O. has always dealt with using the QVC label, you dropped it in a bin and could not get a receipt, since "nothing was paid to the USPS" (their explanation for no receipt).

I haven't used that label after the first time.

Once bitten, twice shy babe.....as the rock song by Great White goes, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

I know you said 'weeks ago' but do you have the exact date?  I agree your issue is with the PO.  I would call and get on the mgr.

You do know that QVC uses a 3rd party shipper for their label return pickups?  The PO holds it until some other shipper comes and gets it.  It is possible they have not picked it up yet?  I have had a return sit at the PO for a LONG time b4 it is picked up.  Even then, tracking back is rarely available.

Once received at QVC, I have waited a LONG time again to see my charge card credited.

Our PO always, always and is still giving receipts..you have to wait in line, but how else can you prove you even turned it over?

I would never leave a return w/o getting a receipt because of exactly what happened to you.

I have been using USPS pick up.  Easy to schedule online.  You get a conf. #.  Once the mailman picks it up at your house, you get another email confirmation.  It is better than having no receipt at all.

I hope you get this straightened out.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

I know you said 'weeks ago' but do you have the exact date?  I agree your issue is with the PO.  I would call and get on the mgr.

You do know that QVC uses a 3rd party shipper for their label return pickups?  The PO holds it until some other shipper comes and gets it.  It is possible they have not picked it up yet?  I have had a return sit at the PO for a LONG time b4 it is picked up.  Even then, tracking back is rarely available.

Once received at QVC, I have waited a LONG time again to see my charge card credited.

Our PO always, always and is still giving receipts..you have to wait in line, but how else can you prove you even turned it over?

I would never leave a return w/o getting a receipt because of exactly what happened to you.

I have been using USPS pick up.  Easy to schedule online.  You get a conf. #.  Once the mailman picks it up at your house, you get another email confirmation.  It is better than having no receipt at all.

I hope you get this straightened out.

I usually always get receipts.  This particular day it was crowded in this very small PO.  The clerk saw I had several packages already with labels and he pointed to a spot on the outside of the plexiglass and said "put them there".  He was not nice about it and clearly wasn't going to reach around and pick them up to scan them.  He made a motion for the next person in line to come forward.  Given that I was trying to social distance and comply with whatever new systems they had put in place, I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask him to scan them all and give me a receipt. It appeared they were just accumulating a big pile of things to presumably scan later.  Other things I mailed the same day made it to their destination.  I feel very upset they didn't scan my box, they are not doing their job when they don't scan.  

I don't recall the exact date. I just know it was at least two, if not three weeks ago, possibly longer.  

Respected Contributor

Update:  miracle of miracles, tracking just turned up one minute ago, right after I sent an email to customer service!  Turns out I dropped it off May 22rd.  Now it's on it's way, proof I returned it, and I can get my money back. Today is a good day and I think it's time to stop shopping with QVC for a while, until shipping gets back to normal, whenever that is. Can't be taking these chances with my money anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

YEAH!  Good news!

But you really can't blame QVC for your Post Office's error!  Everyone is overwhelmed in the shipping depts.  I totally understand why you abided by the clerks instructions.  It only took one mishap (PO fault) and I learned to never leave the PO w/o a receipt again.

I have a new pkg sitting at my PO since 6/5.  I can't blame the Q for that...I'm sure it will get delivered soon, maybe eventually!

Try the USPS pick up option.  It is the best way to socially distance!  Our PO can be a zoo!

Honored Contributor

i always get a receipt from the post office, even for prepaid items.

i also always take a photo of the box and label myself for my records. once i get the credit, it can be deleted from my phone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

YEAH!  Good news!

But you really can't blame QVC for your Post Office's error!  Everyone is overwhelmed in the shipping depts.  I totally understand why you abided by the clerks instructions.  It only took one mishap (PO fault) and I learned to never leave the PO w/o a receipt again.

I have a new pkg sitting at my PO since 6/5.  I can't blame the Q for that...I'm sure it will get delivered soon, maybe eventually!

Try the USPS pick up option.  It is the best way to socially distance!  Our PO can be a zoo!

I don't fault the Q for my post office mistakes. I do however fault the return method they use.  Other companies have much swifter delivery of returns and credits to my account.  The Q uses a super slow unreliable method that takes forever.  They should take a page from Loft for example.  They give a UPS label and as soon as it's scanned, I am issued a refund. No waiting until it travels across the country to reach it's destination.  

Respected Contributor

I also have a return that hasn't been posted.  I impulsively ordered some shoes that didn't fit.  I know better than to order shoes from the Q.  Darn it!  I thought return labels were suppose to make it easier.  It sure shouldn't take weeks to get there and processed.  And, I didn't get a receipt at the PO.  Have never had an issue in the past, so I didn't bother.