Honored Contributor

Problem with QVC return labels

The return label doesn't cover the entire shipping label from QVC to me.  Why not, and what am I supposed to do about that bar code that remains visible on the bottom?  I usually obliterate it with a magic marker but I'm uncomfortable.  Or should I obliterate the entire label and put the return label on the other side of the envelope?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with QVC return labels

Sometimes I'm able to pull the label off of a box or at least enough of it, then I can cover it with the return label. 

For a plastic package, I cross it out with a marker and put the label on the other side.  

Honored Contributor

are you referring to the bags? i turn the bags inside out and place the label on the bag.

for boxes, i either remove the label OR use a piece of white paper to cover the old label and then place the new label on that and secure with clear mailing tape.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I print the return labels from my computer. When I cut them out I leave enough of a white paper edge to cover the whole label.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

are you referring to the bags? i turn the bags inside out and place the label on the bag.

for boxes, i either remove the label OR use a piece of white paper to cover the old label and then place the new label on that and secure with clear mailing tape.

oh wow, how clever! (the idea of the bags)   i never would have thought of that!  i rarely  need to make a return, but guess what?  for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time ever .... i need to make a return this week.  will keep your idea in mind! Thanks @sunshine45 

Respected Contributor

I do as you do and place the shipping label over the other one and blackout the bar code with a black magic marker.  

Respected Contributor

I just turn the bags inside out.  No problems.