Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Yesterday on of the hosts said a product at $39.98 was under $40.00. The host never mentioned shipping or taxes.

@Group 5 minus 1    The host was correct.  Are you complaining about that? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Question asked by Hubbs:How much will this cost total?

@Group 5 minus 1 Really? "Hubbs" wanted to know the total cost?

If true, then tell him. Process it as if you were going to buy it, and find out/

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Pay no attention to the negative nellies . you are certainly allowed to post your feedback..

Im just happy if they dont act like one easy pay installment is the total cost of the item....LOL.   As long as they give the total price and then say...."PLUS your shipping and any appropriate taxes...", that would be good enough for me! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@skatting44   I agree with you about the "biggest sale."  In fact, my Mom and I said the same thing about last month for their "huge birthday sales and deals." We didn't see anything to write home about at all... def not the "celebration" they made it out to be. We thought we were missing something.... 

Frequent Contributor

What really gets me is when, let’s say a holiday is 3 days away. Like they are showing a red, white, and blue shirt and they say this would be so perfect for your 4th of July! So your actually going to be able to get that shirt in 3 days?. The way things go with their deliveries you’d be lucky to get it by Labor Day.

Honored Contributor

It's the consumer's responsibility to know what something costs. If a consumer doesn't know, it's their own fault.

That said, Q and most retailers advertise this way. It's not illegal but it certainly isn't straightforward.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I thought I would get beaten up,but wanted to mention it anyway.

I don't see anyone beating you up. I see differing opinions. It's life.

Regular Contributor

last year Christmas in July had Graham & Rollins 6 - 5oz crab cakes and 2 crab dips fo$89.99. I ordered and we enjoyed. Their crab cakes are good. This year Graham & Rollins 6 - 4oz crab cakes and 2 dips were $155.99. I could not believe the large increase in price. I love their crab cakes but would never pay that much of an increase. Smaller crab cakes and a $65.00 increase. 

Super Contributor

@Spurt I've noticed one negative nellie in particular that always posts a passive/aggressive comment.  Whenever I see she's commented, I know it's a snarky one!

Respected Contributor

@Rosebud 06   The price of blue crab has doubled this year due to shortages this year in the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac.

It has been noted all  over the local TV news and print media.  The New York Times had a story as well in the spring, if I recall correctly.

Thus the increased price from your order last year compared to this year.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC