Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@LindaSal I just have stopped shopping with QVC, the prices, the lack of CS, just to mention 2 of the many reasons, it is just not worth it to me anymore, I was just spending too much time  fixing all the problems on my account (charging me $6.95 for returning defective product, or changing method of payment without informing me which IMO was totally sketchy), shipping charges too high, and paying full price for shipping and they combine orders in one box, I could go on and on.  I know that Amazon charges a Prime membership fee, but their excellent CS, their shipping and their prices keep me coming back, I used to brag about QVC,, now I find myself warning people away from QVC telling them Buyer Beware!

@CareBears- They changed your method of payment without informing you?  How on earth did they do that?  I'm sure that's not legal and I trust you filed a formal complaint or at the very least got an acceptable explanation?

But really, considering how much you now dislike QVC and its practices, continuing to post on their website?  And warning others to stay away?  That seems a bit extreme.

It seems from the majority of posts on these boards that your experience is in the minority.  There are a lot of people (millions) who are happy with QVC and don't seem to find any of their practices "sketchy".

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think on some items the prices are too high. For example, a Denim & Co. "stretchy" shirt for $40.00 or a Susan Graver "liquid knit" (aka polyester) top for over $50.00 is just too much. Its called shopping for convenience and they hope for those type of shoppers. I agree though - the prices have skyrocketed. 

I agree with you, way to high for SG polyester in horrible prints and all logo looks the same to me.  I did try one piece and sent it right back, very thin fabric and to me, not worth the cost. However, If you find something that reall works for me, (Kim Gravelle flexabelle jeans for example) I will pay the price.  I think a lot depends if you like the line and it works for you and makes you happy and feel good price is not as important.  

Respected Contributor

Prices have gotten TOO high! I did splurge on a Susan Graver tank/cardigan set just before Christmas. I had been wanting something in red (not just for Christmas). I happen to catch a gorgeous set, available in red. I think it was $60-65. but it is really pretty.

Denim & Co. prices are all over the place for the same fabric, just different poly contents. That doesn't make sense. I complained awhile back about the difference in price, compared to same fabric. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prices are ridiculous

[ Edited ]

@Venezia That is your opinion and I respect that, but I am free to do what I want and who cares if other people have positive experiences, I did not, and therefore I do not feel that I am being excessive in my reactions, and NO I did not get a formal explanation from QVC, they simply said that they used another card I had on file and claimed they have been doing that for years (NO they have NOT), and I filed a formal  complaint with my card holder for fraud, I am not going to make any more reasons for my actions to you or anyone else, so let's just agree to disagree and call it a day!  And I still post on these Forums because most of the links I visit have nothing to do with QVC, and the people I have made friends with here are not representatives of QVC, there is no law that you have to be a regular QVC shopper or even like QVC to post here!  And I am done replying to you!

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think on some items the prices are too high. For example, a Denim & Co. "stretchy" shirt for $40.00 or a Susan Graver "liquid knit" (aka polyester) top for over $50.00 is just too much. Its called shopping for convenience and they hope for those type of shoppers. I agree though - the prices have skyrocketed. 

@Effie54

QVC isnt the only place where you can shop for clothes online, and other Department Stores offer similar items and quality and same fabric for much less.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I am a bargain shopper.  I look for AS IS or Clearance.  Or better yet... I prefer Zulily which combines shipping with a shopping cart.  And I check out Walmart and Costco.  Great prices, and merchandise that in my book is tops.  As with anything you have to make careful selections.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I agree and am surprised at some of the pricing lately.   Almost all of SG's tops are $50 or above now.  D&C and Quacker Factory too are going up.  And the after Christmas sales.........What a joke!!!!!   Not to even mention the shipping costs.   Come on ladies, we can shop way better than this.

@LindaSal @ginirn

Some of their so called "sale prices" or "featured prices"  compared to their regular QVC price is ridiculous...imagine saving a whomping $4.75 off the regular price....SHEESH!!!

QVC keeps comparing themselves to Boutiques or high end retailers like Nordstroms etc...They aren't comparing apples to apples...I can go into Dillards or Macy's and find stuff just like the Q sells for $30-$38....which  QVC sells the for $49-$59 not including shipping..The Q is just not competitive when it comes to clothing..and then if you return something you lose your original shipping and pay for the return too--so that's a $10 try on fee......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think the reason QVC survives is easy pay , pure and simple. Otherwise why would they push it like they do.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@LindaSal I just have stopped shopping with QVC, the prices, the lack of CS, just to mention 2 of the many reasons, it is just not worth it to me anymore, I was just spending too much time  fixing all the problems on my account (charging me $6.95 for returning defective product, or changing method of payment without informing me which IMO was totally sketchy), shipping charges too high, and paying full price for shipping and they combine orders in one box, I could go on and on.  I know that Amazon charges a Prime membership fee, but their excellent CS, their shipping and their prices keep me coming back, I used to brag about QVC,, now I find myself warning people away from QVC telling them Buyer Beware!

@CareBears- They changed your method of payment without informing you?  How on earth did they do that?  I'm sure that's not legal and I trust you filed a formal complaint or at the very least got an acceptable explanation?

But really, considering how much you now dislike QVC and its practices, continuing to post on their website?  And warning others to stay away?  That seems a bit extreme.

It seems from the majority of posts on these boards that your experience is in the minority.  There are a lot of people (millions) who are happy with QVC and don't seem to find any of their practices "sketchy".

@Venezia @CareBears

They did that to me too regarding switching the card.  I had a regular card on file for all my Q purchases, However for just one purchase only I used another card because of a special rewards promotion for that particular card so I used that different card for a more expensive Shark vacuum.  I had a couple of items on EZ Pay on my original regular card and for some strange reason QVC switched those items and future EZ Pays from my original card to the second card......I called CS to complain about what had happened, I never really got an explanation......I went online and deleted that second card from my account to prevent any more shannigans with that card! So I know how you feel Care Bear!

I made the purchase of the Sharke online myself and didnt touch the current EZ pays on the other card.......

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Regarding the comment about Susan Graver being overpriced.  I certainly do not find that to be so.  She adds many details to her items that add to the cost of manufacturing and add to the attractiveness, fit, comfort, washability and long wearing properties of the garment as well.  I also find the materials she uses in her products to be superior to what I find in the department stores unless you are looking at expensive high-end lines.

I also lthink Denim and Company are in line with pricing on their lilne as well - again quallity of material, ease of washing, long wearing, etc.

What I am finding in B&M stores iis  inferior material  - flimsy,weird feeling, uncomfortable and will not look well after repeated washings.

QVC pricing on the lines I buy are OK with me.  I am satisfied with the quallity of the material, etc. and would not want to see QVC skimp on the quallity for cheaper price.  Cheap prices equal cheap products.

I also do not find $3 shipping to be out of lilne.  Some sites have free shipping, but you are paying for it somehow.  Free is not free in retail.  Many of the places I buy from catalogs/on-line are very much higher both in shipping and return shipping. Sure I would like free shipping but not enough that I find it something to complain about in comparison with other places I shop.  I have found that I am purchasing more and moe of my clothes from QVC and less and less from other places I have shopped for years. 

@KathyM23

D&C USED TO have good fabric, wear well, and their sizing was consistent...They have changed and not for the better..I re-ordered a top in a different color and the fabric was totally different--a cheapened version, and the sizing is now inconsistent (my weight and my size remains the same at local Department Stores), and some times tops stretch out after washing so Ive given up on Q clothes got tired of paying for returns......