Regular Contributor

The pricing at the Q is going to put them out of buiness.  Learn from ToysRUs.  That was the number one reason they went Chapter 11.  The increases for certain brands are way out of line with the current inflation rate.  IMO the prices on clothing should be about half of what they are charging.  Then add $10 to that for tax and shipping.  This season I realized I could shop from another company cheaper with discounts and free shipping and no tax.  They also with take back merchandise after 30 days if you aren't happy. Yesterday I saw a cardigan by LOgo for over $87 plus.  It looked just like all her other stuff.  I have essentially stopped buying unless something is reduced and then careful to check the reviews.  

Respected Contributor

I too finally slowed way down on shopping the Q.  The shipping costs are a joke.  And if you buy a few things it gets out of control and makes me just stop in my tracks.  So many other retailers offer free shippig when you spend $50 or $100 not inflate your shipping higher.  Its out of control.   I am fine with it too.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree about the shipping.  I purchased four realtree winter caps that have a led light in the front, each one is nearly weightless, they all came the other day in four seperate large boxes, I would think it would of been more practical to combine items if they are all going to the same address, not to mention a serious waste of packaging.  Thank goodness our recycle pickup.

Esteemed Contributor

I think on some items the prices are too high. For example, a Denim & Co. "stretchy" shirt for $40.00 or a Susan Graver "liquid knit" (aka polyester) top for over $50.00 is just too much. Its called shopping for convenience and they hope for those type of shoppers. I agree though - the prices have skyrocketed. 

Honored Contributor

I comparison shop if it's something I want or see somewhere else. Do your research before purchasing. With today's technology I can google info while a product sits in my cart. If it's exclusive to the Q I buy it.

Trusted Contributor

I do find that some things are overpriced.  But some things are not.  After all it is a business, but they should really really consider taking the hit and give free shipping all the time or at least alot more than they do.  And I love love logo, but if she would just reduce her prices a bit, I would be a happier shopper.

Valued Contributor

They should just rename it C.

Honored Contributor

Whether we think prices are high or low probably depends on how much money we have as well as on what we value. What's ridiculously overpriced for one shopper can be ridiculously low for another or even just right for a third.  Sort of like Goldilocks and that porridge!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Whether we think prices are high or low probably depends on how much money we have as well as on what we value. What's ridiculously overpriced for one shopper can be ridiculously low for another or even just right for a third.  Sort of like Goldilocks and that porridge!

That is correct, however value for the dollar never changes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I agree and am surprised at some of the pricing lately.   Almost all of SG's tops are $50 or above now.  D&C and Quacker Factory too are going up.  And the after Christmas sales.........What a joke!!!!!   Not to even mention the shipping costs.   Come on ladies, we can shop way better than this.