Honored Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I do most of my shopping on other sites.  Jewelry and clothes mostly from Evine. I do shop on Q when there is something I cannot get anywhere else, but honestly I will try to find other items to replace what I can only get here.  I love Summer Grace and I could not find it anywhere so I bought this gigantic size on Q.  Not sure I will do this again.  I do enjoy the forums here.  I love reading reviews for different products.  I did purchase a Tova compact perfume.  I did read the forums first.  I was able to get a  pave emerald ring that is a nice price and I actually purchased a nice Barbara Bixby ring that was under $100.00. I do take my time and look around before I purchase from any site.  Evine has wonderful jewelry at very reasonable prices.  Other sites have much more variety.  I am never sure what demographic Q is reaching. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes programming is quite boring.  Also hosts are annoying especially one particular one who has her children on camera now pushing them...ridiculous, just sell the product!

Contributor

People stop buying save your money and shop somewhere else.  It's a free country you can do whatever you want.

Occasional Contributor

Go on eBay and look for items shown on QVC. I've saved a ton of money buying there. It may take a few weeks or months for newer items to show up, but eBay has jobbers who sell QVC and HSN items. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm pretty much done here too. Prices, shipping, repetitive programming, lack of variety, unlikable hosts... Not much reason to stick around. Shopping should be fun. This isn't.

Hi Stevie.  I agree that quality, prices, and unprofessional hosts ruin it for me too. My last purchase was almost a year ago.  I haven't watched any Q since their August gold day and I found that to be repetitive, boring, and missing in the mid-price range.  I'll check out the January gold day but if it's not any good, I'll turn the channel.   

Honored Contributor

@Cioci Carol wrote:

People stop buying save your money and shop somewhere else.  It's a free country you can do whatever you want.

And so they are. They are expressing what they are doing and why here on this thread. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'm pretty much done here too. Prices, shipping, repetitive programming, lack of variety, unlikable hosts... Not much reason to stick around. Shopping should be fun. This isn't.

Hi Stevie.  I agree that quality, prices, and unprofessional hosts ruin it for me too. My last purchase was almost a year ago.  I haven't watched any Q since their August gold day and I found that to be repetitive, boring, and missing in the mid-price range.  I'll check out the January gold day but if it's not any good, I'll turn the channel.   

@CalminHeart, I can't remember the last time I watched an entire show. One thing for sure, on the very rare chance you miss something you actually want to see, you well know it'll be repeated. If not a half dozen times the same day for a half hour at a stretch, then soon enough. And the hosts, most of them just seem so disingenuous anymore, with the same spiel coming out of all their mouths. Despite its foibles, I enjoyed watching for a number of years. Anymore, trying to watch is just annoying, so I don't. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I use to like DC, but in the last two years they just seem like old folk clothes and I am 61 years old. I want something that is longer in lenght and up to date.

Frequent Contributor

I am shopping more at evine too now.

Frequent Contributor

I don't drive and it is so easy to buy off line and I use to love QVC, but now they are just too high. I do save money to shop close buy, but I don't get out when I really need something. As long as there is another channel that has good prices on the things I need I will buy from them. Just such a shame QVC has made it where you have to be almost rich to buy from them.