Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

This is one of the only places I can think of where everything goes up in price almost every week it seems.

I just ordered a bag from Macy's on clearance today with free shipping with a minimum of only $25.00. I placed the order at 1:48 pm and by 7:33 pm it had already shipped with a tracking number. This is a recipe for continued success.

Yet for some reason, QVC thinks that constantly increasing prices and shipping and handling will garner higher profit. Maybe short-term, but sooner rather than later, they will bleed customers. I don't plan to buy anything else for the forseeable future. I'm getting most of my clothes at TJ Maxx as well as some lovely jewelry items.  Slow and expensive shipping coupled with constant price increases is not a formula for success.

This is one of the only retailers that literally discourages large orders due to charging S/H on every single item. At about $5.00 and up each, you're looking at least $20 to ship 4 items even if it totals over $1000+. No free returns.

QVC must realize that they are no longer simply a 'shop at home' retailer but with the advent of online shopping, they are now just another vendor that ships orders instead of selling in brick and mortar. They want to keep operating like they're different but they're not. Not anymore.  Amazon is the standard that customers expect.

Now that QVC got rid of the Insider, I have lost almost 100% interest. I buy Bixby and recently the Earth shoes TSV. But I no longer check what the TSV is every night and that was a must just a couple years ago. I don't watch and haven't since before 2015. If Bixby leaves, I'm basically gone.

Ita...I bought one thing this year, it was a Laura Geller product..and I got it here because it was a special price...otherwise I don't shop here anymore. I found things too $$$.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

Re: Price increases

[ Edited ]

You got that right about Amazon, NYCvixen.

Honored Contributor

@tillyny wrote:

My favorite is when the regular price is suddenly called the "Feature Price"...a good indication that an increase is a-comin'...especially when the hosts are saying "Last day at this Featured Price"! They even did that with the Faroe Island Salmon!

I've noticed that sometime when something goes from Featured Price, to the higher QVC price, it doesn't last long, before it is on Clearance, or Lunchtime Special or some other lower than Featured price. I'm never one to jump on that 'last day at the featured price' line. Often it will be much cheaper in a few days/weeks.

Occasional Contributor

CHECK OUT, LAST CLICKS AND AS IS

CHECK OUT , LAST CLICKS AND AS IS. I ADMITT I HAVE SENT ABOUT 2 ITEMS BACK, BUT I GET SOME GREAT DEALS. I SEE SOMETHING ON THAT I REALLY LIKE. IN THE EVENING WITH MY KINDLE I CHECK OUT ALL AS IS AND LAST CLICKS ITEMS. HAVE FOUND SOME GOOD BARGINS.  I CAN NOT AFFORD THEIR COST OF CLOTHES, BUT I NOW HAVE A CLOSET FULL OF CLOTHES THAT I MIGHT HAVE PAID 1/4 OR LESS FOR. $15.00 IS MY LIMIT UNLESS I REALLY REALLY LOVE AN ITEM, BUT NO MORE THAN $20.00.

Honored Contributor

Re: CHECK OUT, LAST CLICKS AND AS IS

I had a Marc Fischer shoe in my wishlist that was $65.98.  I checked today and it is now up to $81.00!!  That is insane.  I did, however, find it somewhere else for $59 with free shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

Prices are so high on almost everything.pRETTY SOON i will not beable to buy a thing.Denim&co the brand i will buy is out of sight.Can't buy shoes all close to 100 dollars.tee shirt 50 dollars,guess I will go to stores hopefully better.