Respected Contributor

I noticed that the item I placed two days ago is now six dollars more. I mentioned this to a CS person when I was placing another order. I said I knew he had nothing to do with this; it came from much higher up.

He said that is true but he could make a note of it for the powers that be. I rarely speak to CS but it occured to me that instead of complaining on the boards we should call CS and voice a complaint.

Respected Contributor

I too noticed price increases on some items.  A blouse ordered about a month ago has increased $2, a purse increased $1.  And yes, use CS to comment regarding this kind of concern....

Respected Contributor

Re: Price increases

[ Edited ]

This is one of the only places I can think of where everything goes up in price almost every week it seems.

I just ordered a bag from Macy's on clearance today with free shipping with a minimum of only $25.00. I placed the order at 1:48 pm and by 7:33 pm it had already shipped with a tracking number. This is a recipe for continued success.

Yet for some reason, QVC thinks that constantly increasing prices and shipping and handling will garner higher profit. Maybe short-term, but sooner rather than later, they will bleed customers. I don't plan to buy anything else for the forseeable future. I'm getting most of my clothes at TJ Maxx as well as some lovely jewelry items.  Slow and expensive shipping coupled with constant price increases is not a formula for success.

This is one of the only retailers that literally discourages large orders due to charging S/H on every single item. At about $5.00 and up each, you're looking at least $20 to ship 4 items even if it totals over $1000+. No free returns.

QVC must realize that they are no longer simply a 'shop at home' retailer but with the advent of online shopping, they are now just another vendor that ships orders instead of selling in brick and mortar. They want to keep operating like they're different but they're not. Not anymore.  Amazon is the standard that customers expect.

Now that QVC got rid of the Insider, I have lost almost 100% interest. I buy Bixby and recently the Earth shoes TSV. But I no longer check what the TSV is every night and that was a must just a couple years ago. I don't watch and haven't since before 2015. If Bixby leaves, I'm basically gone.

~Live with Intention~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

The prices have increased to the point that I can no longer shop here. Susan Graver tops $50.00 and up. Same with slacks. Come on, not worth it.  I have seen LOGO and other vendors charging $85.00 and up. Totally ridicious. 

I can't stand that Graver/LOGO/D&C are constantly on. Too much for me.  I tuned this morning and there was a 3 hour Quacker program..  Changed channel. I checked out lots of items and many prices are reduced only $3.00 or $4.00. That is not a sale.

I will shop locally, no shipping charges and can take my purchase home with me.  I have been wit the Q for 20 some years and have never seen things so bad as the programing and prices charged  

Honored Contributor

@lavendar,

One of my items went up 2.00 also!

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1751204972/2000-PCS-small-crying-font-b-face-b-font-font-b-sad-b-font-font-b.jpg

Honored Contributor

I think with the way we are screaming about shipping, they decided to mark up the actual merchandise instead of the shipping, thinking most people wouldn't notice a dollar or two here and there......but we did.

I also wondered if they are going to reduce shipping, give more free shipping, or go back to reduced shipping when buying multiple, or something to make shipping more lucrative to us sometime in the near future, so they are raising the prices to offset that possible change. 

I don't think it wise to raise prices of things already in stock. People notice that and don't take kindly to it. You would have thought they would have kept the increases just to incoming new items, to make it less noticeable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I was watching the Dooney show and they had the crossbody bag for $188 plus shipping. I went to the Dooney site and almost all the colors (not all) that QVC had the Dooney site had on sale for $99. They must think we’re stupid.

Contributor

My favorite is when the regular price is suddenly called the "Feature Price"...a good indication that an increase is a-comin'...especially when the hosts are saying "Last day at this Featured Price"! They even did that with the Faroe Island Salmon!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think QVC is the only one that thinks online shopping doesn't exist. They erroneously believe most of their shoppers are not online checking prices. They bank on squeezing every penny out of those perhaps older and/or not in a position to shop around locally or online. If they have the nerve to raise prices on clearance now when that stock is so old, nothing is off limits. Price increases happen like clockwork almost every week or every other week on the same items.

The shipping and handling on handbags has been ridiculous for years. $12 or more for something that weighs on average 3 pounds or less. It's basically a luxury pink tax they charge female customers.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

This is one of the only places I can think of where everything goes up in price almost every week it seems.

I just ordered a bag from Macy's on clearance today with free shipping with a minimum of only $25.00. I placed the order at 1:48 pm and by 7:33 pm it had already shipped with a tracking number. This is a recipe for continued success.

Yet for some reason, QVC thinks that constantly increasing prices and shipping and handling will garner higher profit. Maybe short-term, but sooner rather than later, they will bleed customers. I don't plan to buy anything else for the forseeable future. I'm getting most of my clothes at TJ Maxx as well as some lovely jewelry items.  Slow and expensive shipping coupled with constant price increases is not a formula for success.

This is one of the only retailers that literally discourages large orders due to charging S/H on every single item. At about $5.00 and up each, you're looking at least $20 to ship 4 items even if it totals over $1000+. No free returns.

QVC must realize that they are no longer simply a 'shop at home' retailer but with the advent of online shopping, they are now just another vendor that ships orders instead of selling in brick and mortar. They want to keep operating like they're different but they're not. Not anymore.  Amazon is the standard that customers expect.

Now that QVC got rid of the Insider, I have lost almost 100% interest. I buy Bixby and recently the Earth shoes TSV. But I no longer check what the TSV is every night and that was a must just a couple years ago. I don't watch and haven't since before 2015. If Bixby leaves, I'm basically gone.

@NycVixen  Excellent post, and you hit the nail on the head!