Trusted Contributor
That’s the thing. Many customers will just return the item if it’s dropped drastically in price within 30 days and be less likely to buy going forward.
Honored Contributor

I dont buy from the Q any longer but I do from HSN, sure hope this policy does not rub off on them I get benefits of sales all the time. 

Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 I know many here are persistent in checking for prices on recent purchases. Shopping here at QVC since 1986, I have never once checked an item for a price decrease after a purchase.

I must say, I only buy drastically reduced items, Lunchtime/Primetime Specials, As Is, occasional TSV's and OTO. Rarely does an item drop below these prices. If I do find something I really like but it is full price or just too high for me, I then go to Ebay.

My recommendation is if you are a person that pays full price and then check for a price change for 30 days, yet you want to shop QVC, only buy when the items are greatly reduced pricing. I am never stressed or concerned that my item will drop in price after buying. From reading many repsonses, I think I am in the minority though. 

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 

Anything I order also goes in my WL for 30 days to watch for price reductions.

It was always VERY easy to get my credit, a quick email to the mods.

I didn't find it stressful at all....

I have saved a LOT of money over the years getting sale price credits.

A LOT !!!

Not only on full price items...but VERY often on LTS. prev sale price, clearance prices etc.

I always felt I was secure in getting the absolute lowest price QVC would have.

Taking that away will def change my shopping habits.

It is unfair.

I cleaned out my wish list ...empty.

Won't play games like this with any retailer.

Trusted Contributor
@cjm61 I did the exact same thing as RespectLife did with keeping track of purchases. I also pretty much wiped out my wish list recently. I remember after Christmas one year I saved $72 in one week from price drops. And through the years I’ve had many customer service reps tell me they do the exact same thing with keeping track. Lucky for them they get an additional 40% off their purchases. The QVC hosts get 30% off. Most retailers give their employees a discount and I think it’s wonderful! 🤗🤗🤗
Valued Contributor

Re: Price adjustment policy

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@cjm61 

Anything I order also goes in my WL for 30 days to watch for price reductions.

It was always VERY easy to get my credit, a quick email to the mods.

I didn't find it stressful at all....

I have saved a LOT of money over the years getting sale price credits.

A LOT !!!

Not only on full price items...but VERY often on LTS. prev sale price, clearance prices etc.

I always felt I was secure in getting the absolute lowest price QVC would have.

Taking that away will def change my shopping habits.

It is unfair.

I cleaned out my wish list ...empty.

Won't play games like this with any retailer.

@RespectLife 

DITTO! Your experience and your thoughts on this are the exact same as mine. I've spent jillions with QVC over the last 30+ years and I certainly don't mind paying full price on something I want. But if QVC wants to say they have a price adjustment policy then it needs to be based in truth and an adjustment should be given if the same item number goes down in price within 30 days. It's irrelevant what "term of the moment" they've slapped on the price. Otherwise, they just need to be truthful and say they no longer make price adjustments...period. What they have done here is silly....and alienating.

Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

I often wonder if the fault lies with the staff processing the returns. This should not be a valid excuse and QVC administrators should do better.

I think the return warehouse makes a lot of errors. I don't think they look to see if a replacement is asked for; they just process the return instead of taking the extra step. Items for exchange should be handled separately. Exchanges only work if you go through qvceasyreturns; at least that is my experience. Also, if the item you want to exchange for is not available you have to pay for shipping back. I get that; if an exchange isn't available then you just have a return.