Respected Contributor

Re: Previously Recorded???????????

@banned again wrote:

@banned again wrote:

@LuckyLadybug wrote:

Is this permanent? Smiley Sad We always watched in the late-night hours. Now there won't be anything to see. Why would they do this?

Regular 24/7 programming on QVC returns Tuesday, November 5, 2019. 

Repeated programming from 2am-7am ET on QVC continues indefinitely.

November 4-10, 2019

November 11-17, 2019 

November 18-24, 2019 

November 25- December 1, 2019 

December 2-8, 2019 

Yuck

Trusted Contributor

This is the least expensive manner in which to handle 2 to 7 a.m.   I don't think it will change back to live programming.  

Esteemed Contributor

I too suspect that this change is permanent.  There probably is no going back.

About the highly touted cost savings, does anyone know how many personnel have been laid off?  Someone here surely has the inside scoop.

New Contributor

I am not in the habit of communicating messages, however I too have a serous problem with "previously recorded" on a shopping channel. Dump the excess channels and provide viewers with LIVE programming..

Occasional Visitor

I have been wondering why you hire all the new host and then rerun programming. I too am so sick of the 30-60 minute TSV presentation and then every hour on the hour. Jeeeez we GOT it, don't want it, move on.
Respected Contributor

QVC loses it's 'major intensity' of selling a product when it's pre-recorded.  By major intensity, I mean the high pressure sales job of ''run to the phone now, it's getting limited.''  When you are watching a pre-recorded show, the customer's 'anxiety level' of ''got to get it now''  is deminished greatly.

Frequent Contributor

I an a light sleeper so some nights i turn on the Q to pass the time.  I kept thinking i had Q2 on by mistake but no it was the Q and the Same product kept being shown over and Over again.  My First thought is they are in trouble and are trying to cut back.  I have watched for Many Years and some of it was because i worked late and i could always turn on the Q and see new Products but this is a First.  I for one don't like it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MostLikelyToMicrowave wrote:

I am not in the habit of communicating messages, however I too have a serous problem with "previously recorded" on a shopping channel. Dump the excess channels and provide viewers with LIVE programming..

@MostLikelyToMicrowave wrote:

-------------------

Absolutely agree!!  Shut down Q2, Q3 and Q4 and focus on Q1.  I also think that they are making a mistake in showing pre-recorded shows.  I am a light sleeper and used to turn on the Q channel at that time; often made purchases at night!!

Regular Contributor

I am not a fan of the previoulsy recorded. QVC in my opinion will lose business. So many other sites offer free shipping, etc. . Times are changing and the management is making very poor decisions. 

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree with the " too much of the same thing" idea, especially ELECTRONICS.  Give me a break: I'm only going to buy one of these per year, if that!  I smell something fishy too, like maybe a SALE of the whole network(s) to someone with billions of dollars.  What POOR management has caused this?  Let Apple, Amazon, big stars with billions, get their own networks.  Where am I going to buy CLOTHES ( plus size) when this tanks?