Esteemed Contributor

@JJ_45  It was not Julia's first time on air; I've seen her presenting on her own several times.  I was actually surprised to see she and another woman was added!

I saw one of the last batch of newbies on ITKWD on Sunday (Ali Carr). I didn't see the beginning, so don't know if she took over or if Stacey Stauffer was on vacation. Given that Katrina Szish was also just added to PM Style, I wonder if this is how they are going to be using all of the newbies for the time being? Acting as social media hosts and occasionally hosting for one product? 

Esteemed Contributor

A shortage of overnight hosts?  You must be kidding!

There are 6 of them, all still relatively new.

Honored Contributor

Just wondering if we'll be seeing a lot of new models when this experiment is over.  It's not only the hosts that lost on-air appearances, but the models are also not needed during those repeated hours. 

The models work for agencies, they are not QVC salaried employees.  So they can take modeling contracts these four weeks that may extend beyond that time.  Models have to pay their bills like everyone else. 

Valued Contributor

Add me to the list of unhappy customers in regards to the recorded TSV being played for 5 hours straight. As I have stated before, It's silly that they are even doing this, but at least play something different other than the same exact show every hour! 

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't purchased anything since the start of the programming changes.  I suspect that I would have if there were scheduled Kitchen or Cooking Clearances.  I would watch the presentation and then order from my app.

That's the way I shop.  I don't go perusing the site because I like to see a product used and demonstrated live.  

Well, my sales are lost, but I'm sure those who insist and boast that this is a good thing have been shopping and buying away to offset my non-financial commitment to the cause.

Valued Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Well, my sales are lost, but I'm sure those who insist and boast that this is a good thing have been shopping and buying away to offset my non-financial commitment to the cause.

I'm hoping that isn't the case, but sadly I think you're correct. All I can hope for is that they realize that this was a mistake and bring back the 24/7 live programming. I do know though that the bottom line is money. I don't see how they could be making more money by doing this, but I guess time will tell. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Occasional Contributor

It's all about MONEY and TRADE with foreign countries and because of the current government administration who is fighting with CHINA where most of the products are made, we are not going to see the old format soon.....notice how expensive Denim & Co. has become.....such a shame

Esteemed Contributor

@Montebello Lady wrote:

It's all about MONEY and TRADE with foreign countries and because of the current government administration who is fighting with CHINA where most of the products are made, we are not going to see the old format soon.....notice how expensive Denim & Co. has become.....such a shame

I don't agree.  Q has been struggling, and it has nothing to do with China.   Denim and Company has been increasing prices now for a long time.  This is about retail and people having a choice to show anywhere online.  The economy is in good shape.   I can get 7 tops locally, for what I would pay for 2 on the Q.   Amazon has gotten a lot of my business.   

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a corporation's way of saving money....fewer staff, fewer products to show, less planning, and so on.   I worry most about employees who are losing jobs because of corporate greed. 

I don't know what is going on with QVC and their looped re-runs from about 2a.m. to 7 a.m. are annoying. They use to be live 24 7 other than Christmas Day and that was great.  I have insomnia and can't sleep a lot of nights and enjoyed watching Q.  Not any more.  It is so boring to watch the exact same thing hour after hour.  I have started changing the channel to get a little variety, eventhough QVC2 and HSN have started doing the same thing.  I would say not good for the consumer.  I'm sure they have gone to this format so they don't have to pay the hosts but I'll bet they're losing money in the long run because people won't watch.  Bring back the live broadcasts or at the very least vary the programing.