Super Contributor

Re: Previously Recorded???????????

I agree I think this is totally stupid, benign and doesn't feel at all like the QVC I've enjoyed the past 18+ years.
I just turned on QVC at 3:30 AM for a few minutes and saw what everyone was talking about, a total repeat of the midnight presentation, bizarre. IMO it cheapens QVC. Are they suddenly having money problems?? It's one thing of course to have some repeats on Q2 and Q3, but that's how they started and was the premise, this seems to have come out of left field :-O
100% not impressed. I saw someone talking about this during the live stream at midnight and was wondering what they were talking about- let me just say, they weren't impressed AT ALL. 😄😂 LOL!
What's happened to my QVC?? Jill Bauer left just in time if you ask me.....
Super Contributor

Not sure I'm replying directly to DenimAndCo, but where did you hear this is till November 5th (constant rerun of TSV overnight)? Still bites big time IMO ugh. Terrible, terrible move/idea on the Q's part. Oh well like someone else said, guess it'll save me money lol. I'm often up at that time of night due to when my husband gets up for work. Also we've cut back on cable and have to rely on using the Firestick in our master bedroom, so I've been slowly weaning myself off of watching QVC often these days as a result (yes I know QVC is on the Firestick lol).
Super Contributor

I used to have a shopping channel on in the morning when I get ready for work (4:30ish). HSN stopped doing live overnight and QVC was hit or miss so I have just been having Alexa shuffle metal songs or play Sirius Ozzy’s Boneyard.  Very sad to see QVC is going this route as well, especially for the holidays.  I guess several QVC hosts will be “moving on” as several from HSN have this year.  I’d rather just have one channel of 24 hour live programming than all these repeat or part time channels.  This makes it look like QVC cannot afford to run their channel anymore.

So I guess I’m sticking with Ozzy 🤪. Sad times for QVC.  Jill saw this coming!

Super Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@LuckyLadybug wrote:

Is this permanent? Smiley Sad We always watched in the late-night hours. Now there won't be anything to see. Why would they do this?

Regular 24/7 programming on QVC returns Tuesday, November 5, 2019. 

Did they give a reason for this “break”?

Respected Contributor

I think I figured it out !  The reason they are running pre-recorded programing to bore the socks off of us is because they discovered that they can't get  all the purchased products processed and delivered in a timely manner so they must have decided to slow up the sales !  Joking - but maybe not.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been up a lot last night.   Running the TSV all night has to be the dumbest thing QVC has done yet.   Then they are still running it in the ground during the day, I see QVC going out of business, this will never work for them.   

Honored Contributor

One of the Mods posted this in Customer Care:

QVC Customer Care
Beth-QVC

Re: Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

Hello Everyone!

We’re testing a potential change to our overnight programming. Effective Monday, October 7, 2019, QVC US will commence a multi-week pilot on our main channel, moving to previously aired programming in our overnight hours. The pilot will commence at 2am ET Monday, Oct. 7, at which time our main QVC channel will begin to re-air the midnight hour (inclusive of the TSV) from 2–7am ET every day. We will evaluate the performance over the next four weeks to determine impact and value of moving forward with a permanent, pre-aired approach.

Thank you

Beth QVC

New Contributor

It makes me believe the decision to run TSV overnight wasn't well planned for a number of reasons. When I use my television remote to see what's on, the programming guide still lists the various shows that would be on hourly not TSV all night!  Why did they just hire so many new hosts and then go this route? Maybe Jill saw the writing on the wall and got out at a good time. 

Occasional Visitor

Good morning 

I do not like this move that the big movers and shakers made, it was dumb and just lost me. I am not going to watch the same Today’s Special value from 12-7 a.m. who dies that I saw that HSN was doing the same thing. Shop HQ have been doing this for years, but they do shows overnight, I would have never tithe day would come when QVC would copy another channel with reruns all night long from a channel that is suppose be live 24-7. When y’all come back to reality I will be back. When you wake up in the middle of night can’t sleep you want to see some live shows and not same thing over and over again.

Occasional Contributor

This is ridiculous that they are showing the same item all night. I think it is a way for QVC to save money because they are not paying the hosts for the overnight shift. I think QVC is getting worse. The prices of items are high and the shipping is ridiculous. How do someone on a fixed income afford this?