Esteemed Contributor

Re: Previously Recorded???????????

@raginfeet wrote:

If the idea is to save money, perhaps they should lose the extra channels (most programming there is pre-recorded also) and many of the hosts!  Run one channel 24/7, the way they used to.  There's always the website to find things you haven't seen on air.

You are assuming that they sell the same amount during those late night hours versus prime hours on the other channels. There might be a benefit to keeping the Q2 channel as is (isn't Q3 already all reruns?)

I don't like reruns either, but understand begrudgingly the potential reasons.  I just think it's stupid to show the same show over and over.  As I suggested in the other thread, I would prefer if they showed Q2 reruns on Q1's overnight hours (flipping how Q2 shows Q1's reruns).  At least there is more of a chance that I wouldn't have seen the show.

Respected Contributor

@queen75 wrote:
Just wondering how many times of the day QVC and HSN show the TSV. 

The Today's Special Value was originally designed to be shown 8 times a day for 12-15 minute presentations. Times have changed.

Honored Contributor

It would be one thing if they re-ran previous shows, much as they do part of the time on QVC2. However, to run the same item, a continuous loop, for five hours would make no sense to me whatsoever.  I guess that they don't care to receive orders at that time, unless they're for the TSV.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe they are repeating the midnight airing of the TSV.  Yesterday it was 5 hours of Kim Gravel (sp) screeching.  I always watch in the early morning hours as that is when I get up for work (4:00 am).  That would also be when I would purchase most of my items.  This morning it was hours of compression socks with Shawn.  I did turn it off and watched the news...sigh!  I'm sorry they feel they need to do this.  I always loved the early morning hours, but with the rerunning of TSV and the new hosts over the last few months, it's been rough.  Have a lovely day.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Are they repeating several shows or just ONE show non-stop?

One show, repeatedly.  The TSV hour.  Over and over and over and over and over.

Honored Contributor

I never watch overnight, so I won't pretend that the decision effects me. However, I feel bad for anyone who loses their job as a result of the changes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

are they really specials or just another got you ???

New Contributor

Is this permanent? Smiley Sad We always watched in the late-night hours. Now there won't be anything to see. Why would they do this?

Respected Contributor

@LuckyLadybug wrote:

Is this permanent? Smiley Sad We always watched in the late-night hours. Now there won't be anything to see. Why would they do this?

Regular 24/7 programming on QVC returns Tuesday, November 5, 2019. 

Occasional Visitor

I'm up all night and I usually watch all night ...just about every night...this is very disappointing...oh well I will save money...