Occasional Contributor

Previously Recorded???????????

That's it for me. Not one bit impressed with that idea. I don't want to see something that was presented hours before; product may not be available, price may be different than original presentation...nope!!!!

Advice to some of the hosts, especially the original hosts that are left...get your resumes in order. Who needs too many hosts with not enough "Live" programs?  I thought teaming up with HSN was bad enough, but "previously recorded" is ridiculous. What has happened to QVC? Gone are the days too when shipping was very quick, hosts were the best, products were affordable and on and on. Oh well, just another great reason to do my shopping elsewhere going forward.

Respected Contributor

Re: Previously Recorded???????????

QVC is replaying the TSV from midnight so the price will be the same as it is the TSV for the whole day. However, product may not be available if it is a popular item. I don't mind previously recorded if it was different items for those 5 hrs, but I don't understand the reasoning behind the same exact show from 2-7 when it was just played at midnight. 

Regular Contributor

@swizzlegal wrote:

That's it for me. Not one bit impressed with that idea. I don't want to see something that was presented hours before; product may not be available, price may be different than original presentation...nope!!!!

Advice to some of the hosts, especially the original hosts that are left...get your resumes in order. Who needs too many hosts with not enough "Live" programs?  I thought teaming up with HSN was bad enough, but "previously recorded" is ridiculous. What has happened to QVC? Gone are the days too when shipping was very quick, hosts were the best, products were affordable and on and on. Oh well, just another great reason to do my shopping elsewhere going forward.

Just wondering how many times of the day QVC and HSN show the TSV. 

New Contributor

If the idea is to save money, perhaps they should lose the extra channels (most programming there is pre-recorded also) and many of the hosts!  Run one channel 24/7, the way they used to.  There's always the website to find things you haven't seen on air.

Occasional Contributor

I am in total agreement with this.  Pre recorded programming is ridiculous on a shopping channel.  Also, what is the deal with spending an entire hour on the TSV and then showing it again and again.  I live on the West Coast and so our programming is ending at 11:00pm, so we get the TSV at 9:00 and then get to watch repeats of it for 7 hours straight beginning at 11:00.  Totally ridiculous, especially for those of us who usually watched until at least midnight.  I have been watching less and less because they spend so much time on one product.  They have thousands of products and yet we only seem to see the same ones over and over again. A full hour on some of the TSV's is way too much.  They need to get rid of some of their other channels and get back to what use to work for them.  Where is the fashion jewelry and the Daimonique shows and some of the smaller vendors at, just to name a few.  I am pretty sure they don't read these blogs or they would not continue to go down this path of self destruction.

Esteemed Contributor

@queen75 wrote ...

Just wondering how many times of the day QVC and HSN show the TSV. 

I don't know, but I'd think that would depend on the contract each vendor negotiates.

Like any other business agreement, each party wants what's in their best interest, balanced by what that will cost them.

The vendor would want their product on there for 24 hours straight. Perhaps these extre nighttime hours will mean fewer presentations in the other hours.

Who knows? We're all guessing.

Super Contributor

I agree dump all these channels with repeatitive programming. Keep QVC LIVE 24/7. I watch between 2am to 7am and don't want to see reruns. They have too many presentations of the TSV as is, now this baloney. Ridiculous. 

Trusted Contributor

tomorrow programming is 9 hours of Keurig, it's a flipping coffee maker.  9 hours granted 5 of those hours are repeasts of the midnight airing but still how might that be attracting new customers.

Also I remember the days when the hosts had to actually know the products.  Now there is a product rep for everything.  Not sure who is footing that bill, Oh Yes I do know,  we the customers are paying for that.

I don't say get rid of all the product reps but honestly but do we need them there for every product?  If we do then get rid of the hosts and just let the Product reps come on out.

Sorry just venting here

Honored Contributor

Shop HQ/Evine and HSN have had this programming for awhile.  Doesn't bother me because I rarely watch any shopping channel for more than 5 minutes at a time except when Jorge and Brian are selling Waterford on ShopHQ.  I've actually watched entire programs with those two--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me in the least.

If you are watching only between 2 am and 7 am...then you didn't see the shows the first time aired?

I don't mind previously recorded since I didn't watch it the first time!

Are they repeating several shows or just ONE show non-stop?

I would guess the overnight sales are so slow it is a good cost cutting measure.

Other channels (non-shopping) repeat the same movies or programs over and over for a 24 hr. period.