Trusted Contributor

Presenter Needs Help

[ Edited ]

I just watched a dud presentation, which surprised me. It was on Mary D's kitchen show--Mary is great, and Q videos are usually fine, but this presenter knew absolutely nothing about the product, and after watching the whole thing, neither do I. Can't QVC and/or the company she reps for give her any training, or rehearsals, or a mentor to help her do better? It was a Prepology gadget for cleaning produce, which is an intriguing idea. The presenter kept saying "ion cleaning" as if she was reading it off the box label for the first time. But no actual information! Do ions clean produce? How do we know that?  Why does this gadget work? What are some actual results? How does it compare to other ways to clean produce? Do bacteria really turn water cloudy? Why don't they settle right back on the produce? Does a bowl of "a quarter of a gallon" seem big enough? Does the gadget itself need to be cleaned or sterilized? Etc. It was so awkward and clueless I was embarrassed for her. 

Respected Contributor

I found one scientific article (Foods April 2021) which explains the process, reviews research on vegetable cleaning using ozone and concludes the technology shows promise.

But there really is no connection to the small consumer gadgets being sold.

I'm not interested at this point.

Honored Contributor

Maybe she/he was called in at the last minute to cover for someone. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart , that's what I was thinking. Didn't watch the show but, according to the poster's description, sounds like this could be the case. Can't imagine a company sending in someone to sell a product for them that wasn't familiar with it.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised Mary wasn't able to step into the void.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD  - You should get in touch with QVC on what you just posted.  You're right - there is no excuse why a product rep would not to be familiar with a product.

There's a Feedback tab at the bottom of the page or do it the old fashion way - write a letter.  

Respected Contributor

The presenter was Susie Hassan, who has been the regular Prepology representative for quite some time.

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

The presenter was Susie Hassan, who has been the regular Prepology representative for quite some time.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes @Maybe the product was added to the show before she had time to bone up on it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Presenter Needs Help

[ Edited ]

The item first appeared on QVC August 23rd and Susie presented it then (with David.)

Personally I think she did a fine job with both presentations. 

She couldn't possibly address all of the questions posed in the brief 6-7 minute scheduled segment. 

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart- She is the brand ambassador for Prepology products not someone called in at the last minute.  She demos all the Prepology items on QVC.  She just wasn't well prepared.   Personally I'm not impressed ith this product. How can we be sure it reqlly is removing the bacteria?